Looking for seat suggestions

Started by 48builder, August 09, 2006, 12:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I'm trying to get some seats for my '48. I want the kind that have the seat belt built right in so I don't have the belt hanging in the way of rear seat entry. My buddy has a Sebring convertible at his yard, but I'm not crazy about the rubber boot that covers the hinge area. Another local yard has lots of seats, but the guy says I need to tell him what year and model I want the seats from.

Does anybody know what other cars have the integrated seat belt? I need something from a 2-seater so that the backs of the seats fold forward. Maybe late-model Caddy 2-dr? Any Ford products have them?

Thanks

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Okiedokie

Will they not let you walk the yard and look? Also large used car lots sometimes provide inspiration. I can't remember seeing any of these that were pleasing to my eye, then again, that is just me.

48ford

In the 46 Ford sedan,I got the front seats out of a newer chevy silverado,they have seat belt built in,I did not have to shim them up,
they come in cloth or leather sit flat on the floor,I took the center section out and got a center counsel out of an s-10 and we were done,for pictures of the seats look for them on e-bay,they use the same seat in silverado,and the bigger suvs.
Hope this helps
Russ&Irene

48ford

Forgot to tell you,they fold forward and recline too,I put them in the 46 2 door.
russ

48builder

Quote from: "48ford"Forgot to tell you,they fold forward and recline too,I put them in the 46 2 door.
russ

Thanks, Russ. I'll look for some. Do they come with power? Do you have a pic of them and your console? I'm thinking about console ideas now. I want to get started in the inside of this thing. I can sew seats in the winter when it is too cold to work in the garage.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

jaybee

There seems to be a number of envelope-bodied cars turned into "highboys" either having built lately or under construction.  Wonder if that's the "next big thing"?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)