Hooley Update 8/13/06

Started by Fat Cat, August 13, 2006, 11:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

Just talked to enjenjo. They spent the evening last night fixing the problems with the car that caused the slide and spin. Had to fix on door skin that buckled in the wind. Had to have the car reinspected. They adjusted weight in the car and went out and ran at 227MPH at the 3 mile mark. He shut down at that point due to high exhaust gas temps. He was only using 54% of throttle at that point. Enjenjo sayd that they think ne can make 240MPH if they can do some more tweeking.

phat rat

slide? spin? Why not give us the story of what happened?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "phat rat"slide? spin? Why not give us the story of what happened?

Because I don't have the details.

sirstude

Just got back from the salt.  Hooley had an e-ticket ride Saturday afternoon.  He went about 180 degrees each way, but not quite all the way around.  Hooley said he gathered it up once, but when it started around the other way, he grabbed the chute. They fixed up the chute mount where it got bent and went out yesterday and ran the 227.  When we left at noon today, they were in line with probably 3 hours before getting up to the starting line.  Everyone in good spirits and I am also waiting to find out the results of today.  

On another run, the SolCal HHR went endo today, everyone ok but the cars is probably a mess, The powers that be had it under covers.  The Burklands (411) were supposed to run this morning, but found water in the oil of one moter, probably a leaking gasket was their thoughts at about 10:00 this morning.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Did they have the video camera recording?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

I believe so, they were playing with one of them on Friday night at the hotel.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Rex Schimmer

Sum will be posting the vid of Hooleys spin when he gets back. Camera was mounted on the rear bumper and it is pretty neat. They ran 227 on a 231 record on Sunday and I stayed till about 3:00 on Monday, they ran only 209 and I thought the engine was not pulling well. Sum said that they reduced the timing lead from 38 back to 32 degrees. Sure took out some power.

Rex

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Rex Schimmer"Sum will be posting the vid of Hooleys spin when he gets back. Camera was mounted on the rear bumper and it is pretty neat. They ran 227 on a 231 record on Sunday and I stayed till about 3:00 on Monday, they ran only 209 and I thought the engine was not pulling well. Sum said that they reduced the timing lead from 38 back to 32 degrees. Sure took out some power.

Rex

That sure is a lot of timing to take out.......... :shock:
Did he happen to metion WHY they took that much out?????????
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Rex Schimmer"Sum will be posting the vid of Hooleys spin when he gets back. Camera was mounted on the rear bumper and it is pretty neat. They ran 227 on a 231 record on Sunday and I stayed till about 3:00 on Monday, they ran only 209 and I thought the engine was not pulling well. Sum said that they reduced the timing lead from 38 back to 32 degrees. Sure took out some power.

Rex

Well, actually the timing wasn't changed, they decided againt it at the ;ast minute. What slowed the car down, was no.1 and no. 3 plug wires being crossed. It ran 212 mph on six cylinders.

The next run it got to 199 mph and flattened out. Running out of gas does that :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

should be an interesting vid of the wild ride
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)