Model A without Deuce grill with A/C

Started by sirstude, August 10, 2006, 09:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I have a friend that has a Ford powered Model A sedan, with the stock type grill.  He wants to put air in it and the options seem to be sandwitch the condenser between the radiator and the motor, (needs a 3 core custom radiator for room) or one of the under body condenser/fand mounts.  Has anyone had any experience with A/C in a Model A.  He is worried on the cooling ability of either of these options.

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

348tripower

Quote from: "sirstude"I have a friend that has a Ford powered Model A sedan, with the stock type grill.  He wants to put air in it and the options seem to be sandwitch the condenser between the radiator and the motor, (needs a 3 core custom radiator for room) or one of the under body condenser/fand mounts.  Has anyone had any experience with A/C in a Model A.  He is worried on the cooling ability of either of these options.

Thanks
Doug

I installed a system with the remote condensor. In my opinion they don't work well.  He should stick with the condensor in front of the radiator.
Don
Don Colliau

DRD57

Somebody makes a Model A A/C radiator. It has the condenser in front of the radiator core and fits inside the Model a grille shell.

Check with Walker or maybe Griffin.

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

BFS57

Hello;
I have the Walker with the condenser in front with a cooling components fan & shroud in my 32 Vicky and it never gets above 180! I have talked to a guy that had a sedan (31) he had a remote condenser w/fan and didn't like it!
Make sure the fan you use is really good quality cause cheap don't get it here!
I know that the AC mfg co's have condensers that mount this way. You might be able to get the complete AC system with what you need.

Bruce

enjenjo

I did a 28 sedan with a Walker condensor/radiator combo. It worked well,  but in that case I had to move the engine back to make room for it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

midnight sun

Quote from: "sirstude"I have a friend that has a Ford powered Model A sedan, with the stock type grill.  He wants to put air in it and the options seem to be sandwitch the condenser between the radiator and the motor, (needs a 3 core custom radiator for room) or one of the under body condenser/fand mounts.  Has anyone had any experience with A/C in a Model A.  He is worried on the cooling ability of either of these options.

Thanks
Doug

I have a 31 Model A coupe.  It has a stock grille shell and a Walker Radiator with condenser.  I use a 16 inch electric fan and hardly ever have to use it except when its really hot and Im in heavy traffic.  Works just fine.  The engine is a SBC though.  You know Ford tough with Chevy Stuff!!
How can there be "self help" groups :?: