2004 chevy question

Started by river1, July 28, 2006, 12:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

i'm having intermittent trouble with my 04 silverado. every once in a while the AC blower doesn't blow. sometimes i can play with the blower speed switch and it'll come back on, the other day (117* out) tho that didn't work.  :cry:   i stopped at the dealer because it is still under warranty. when i got the service guy out to the truck the blower was working :oops:
they took in the back and checked it for a couple of hours and couldn't duplicate it :x  the AC is working because i can feel cold air trickling out of the vents, so it's just the blower.

any ideas i can point them to?
any TSBs out for this prob?

thanks guys
jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

slocrow

Jim; I just replaced the resistor in the Toyota. I think they are all like mine, near the blower. I had lost 1st &2nd speeds but I believe you could lose any and all. Check the switch with your multimeter, to make sure it's working properly. Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Bruce Dorsi

I had a similar problem one time on a car.   ......It turned out to be an intermittent ground caused by a poor ground of the fan motor.

I hope it's that simple for you!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

oiler

I've had at least 50 here at the dealership that have overheated the ground wire to the resistor assembly.
pull the connector off the resistor ( located directly above the passengers right foot) and check it.
If it's gotten hot you'll need to replace the resistor and the connector.
the connector comes with pigtails to splice into the factory harness.
Hold onto something solid when they give you the price of the connector.
GM doesn't give them away.
just noticed you have warranty :roll:
Jeff

river1

thanks all

especially you oiler i was hoping you'd look in on this

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Jim; I just replaced the resistor in the Toyota. I think they are all like mine, near the blower. I had lost 1st &2nd speeds but I believe you could lose any and all. Check the switch with your multimeter, to make sure it's working properly. Frank

Id like to think you would refrain from sayng toyota on here Frank.
How bout buying an american made car  :?:  And maybe a steel 32 too :lol:  :lol:
Dave

Crosley.In.AZ

I never thought of a loose / dirty  ground  on the blower motor on your truck.....

my bad!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)