Louisville food

Started by enjenjo, July 17, 2006, 12:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I am bringing the cooker down to the Nats, but neither Ken, nor I will be there sat evening. I have arrangements to get the cooker home, so that is not a problem.

The question is, when do we do our corn boil? Many have other obligations on friday evening, so I am thinking early sat afternoon might work, but I am open to suggestions.

I have corn available, so I will bring that, and the meat. Do we want some chicken this year? Lots of us are eating heart healty now.

Any other suggestions?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am bringing the cooker down to the Nats, but neither Ken, nor I will be there sat evening. I have arrangements to get the cooker home, so that is not a problem.

The question is, when do we do our corn boil? Many have other obligations on friday evening, so I am thinking early sat afternoon might work, but I am open to suggestions.

I have corn available, so I will bring that, and the meat. Do we want some chicken this year? Lots of us are eating heart healty now.

Any other suggestions?

Frank, anything is okay with me.  When you get the list together, send it to me and I'll pick the goods up on Tuesday after I get there. That might save you some room and buying ice. I'll keep it in the room fridge. Or else let me know what other stuff to get; plates, forks, cups, chips, pretzels etc.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

HotRodLadyCrusr

A Sat lunch meal together instead of evening is fine with me.  

As far as Friday evening goes, we all heading to Marks Feed Store for BBQ then over to Stevie Rays for some Blues??
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"A Sat lunch meal together instead of evening is fine with me.  

As far as Friday evening goes, we all heading to Marks Feed Store for BBQ then over to Stevie Rays for some Blues??

Rib feast and Blues at Stevie Rays. You're on babe... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Bob K

Hey Frankie:

Are you going to have enough room to haul the Canopy to the Salt and bring it home so that I can pick it up in Kzoo.

I may wanna take the 62 Vette to B'ville and of course wouldn't have room for the Canopy.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

enjenjo

If you are talking to me, I'm flying to Vegas, if it will fit in checked baggage, I can take it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Bob,

I will have the Mullins trailer with the '40, so there is room with yer old compadre.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

alchevy

I had hoped to bring some homegrown Mississippi tomatos out of my garden, but they just started turning ripe. Got plenty of green ones on the vine that are still growing. Have to see what's avail closer to Aug. 1st.

This picture was back a few years ago. Yes, I did take a picture of my tomato sandwich!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

purplepickup

Whew!  You scared me for a minute there.  I saw the picture before I read your post.  At first it looked like a really bad thing that someone coughed up. :shock:

Actually I love tomatoes so I'm hoping yours get ripe so you can bring some.  Mine aren't close to getting ripe yet.  I'd hoped my sweetcorn would be ripe to bring but it will probably be ready when I'm in Bonneville. :(
George

I don't eat tomatos.....and after looking at that photo.....I may never even eat ketchup again!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Slick 50

I'll check the local farmer's market on Thursday morning to see what's available. Maybe some 'lopes or melons. I did see some large 'maters, but I've not bought any.
I'll check on Thursday afternoon to see what's needed and go from there.

Lunch on Saturday sounds good.

BBQ on Friday and Stevie Ray's is OK also.

Do we need someone to stay outside and watch the cars or are we going to trust that to the street people again?
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50