Finishing-up the wiring

Started by MikeC, July 30, 2006, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeC

I could use a few pointers on the wiring of my A/C unit.  It is a Vintage Air Gen II.  I have used an American Autowire dual fan relay as well and that is where I am getting confused.
The Amer. Autowire directions said to run the brown wire from the relays to the compressor or A/C power switch.
The Vintage Air directions say run the Blue from the A/C thermostat to the A/C clutch.
In addition my power currently is going from the panel marked A/C -heat to the 30A circuit breaker to the power in on V. Air unit.  The V. Air say to run the purple wire to Key on ignition source (5A fuse).
Which way should this whole thing be wired?

Also, I have mounted the heater control servo in a really tight place under the cowl and now I have to plug in the wiring from the V Air controller.  I can hardly get my hand in there.  Can someone tell me where the connection is located on the servo itself?  Top, bottom, front, back?  In relation to the outlet side of the servo would be a good reference point.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "MikeC"I could use a few pointers on the wiring of my A/C unit.  It is a Vintage Air Gen II.  I have used an American Autowire dual fan relay as well and that is where I am getting confused.
The Amer. Autowire directions said to run the brown wire from the relays to the compressor or A/C power switch.
The Vintage Air directions say run the Blue from the A/C thermostat to the A/C clutch.
In addition my power currently is going from the panel marked A/C -heat to the 30A circuit breaker to the power in on V. Air unit.  The V. Air say to run the purple wire to Key on ignition source (5A fuse).
Which way should this whole thing be wired?

Also, I have mounted the heater control servo in a really tight place under the cowl and now I have to plug in the wiring from the V Air controller.  I can hardly get my hand in there.  Can someone tell me where the connection is located on the servo itself?  Top, bottom, front, back?  In relation to the outlet side of the servo would be a good reference point.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

OK, lemme give it a shot............... :?

the blue wire VA is talking about is power to the a/c clutch. there should be a blue wire coming from the a/c dash control,if you are using a VA dash control, the one that controls the a/c not the heat, that will need to run to the a/c compressor. it is used to energize the a/c clutch when you turn it to "cool". but you already know that.
the purple wire VA is talking about is used to power the unit itself, so it will need a key-on power source. so I'm thinking your brown wire needs to hook to VA's purple wire :?

I guess it depends on whos control panel you are using.
did your wiring harness come with a control panel?

now I'm confused..... :shock:  :oops:
guess its time to take my medications..........they don't do much for me, but they make everybody else a whole lot easier to deal with :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

river1

Quote from: "MikeC"Also, I have mounted the heater control servo in a really tight place under the cowl and now I have to plug in the wiring from the V Air controller.  I can hardly get my hand in there.  Can someone tell me where the connection is located on the servo itself?  Top, bottom, front, back?  In relation to the outlet side of the servo would be a good reference point.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

look like vance has you on the wiring

here are some pics of my servo (genII) water flow is to the left

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

It appears that both American Auto Wire, and Vintage air have both included a relay in the AC circuit. Since I don't know what other systems are connected in the harness circuit breaker, I would suggest using both, by connecting the brown output wire of the harness with the purple input on the AC, with a 5 amp fuse in line.

It is not how I would do it, I would trace the wires coming out of the harness relay, and use them to operate the AC relay. But the method in the first paragraph will work. It's just overly complicated.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

MikeC

Thanks guys.  I got the servo plugged in after some new yoga positions.  I have not gotten to the A.C unit yet.  l guess it will be tonight.
Thanks again
Mike