I need plans for a Sandblasting cabinet

Started by BinderRod, July 19, 2006, 10:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinderRod

I would like to build a sandblasting cabinet. I have a new air compressor so that will not be an issue. I am looking for plans to build the the thing. At one time I saw some plans where they used a plastic 55 gal barrel and they used a piece of lexan for the viewing glass and then used heavy rubber gloves. Any help with sites or plans would be cool. Thanks Keith
Never enough tools, toys or time!!

EMSjunkie

Hi Keith, Welcome to the RRT.  :D

how big a cabinet are you wanting to build?
I have seen plans for one built out of 3/4" plywood.

you might look in the back of some of the car mags, like hot rod, car craft, etc. seems to me that is where I saw it............I think.........maybe :?

tell us a little about yourself, sit a spell, learn some, teach some.
we're a pretty laid back bunch, family friendly, but good natured ribbing is encouraged :P

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

river1

WELCOME

TP tools has plans for 10 bucks. they also have a kit the includes all the different pieces you need. you just add a sheet of plywood.l do a search for TP tools if the link doesn't work.

http://www.tptools.com/prod_list_display.asp?dept%5Fid=L2%7E142&dept%5Fname%5Fp=Abrasive+Blasting+Cabinets&mscssid=XSJJLBA642BJ8P8EEMA2FQ75C6260AS0

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

EMSjunkie

Thanks Jim, that was the company I was thinking about.  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

BinderRod

Thanks for all the help. After checking on all the parts to put one together I would have spent more money than I could buy one from Harbor freight. I picked one on sale for $94.00 and bought a sealed light for the inside. Total price,  $111.00.    Keith
Never enough tools, toys or time!!

donsrods

Smart move. Sometimes it's hard to build something for the price of one you can buy already done.

Don