O/T good news today

Started by Dave, July 18, 2006, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Saw the Doc a little while ago and im still off till about the 13th of august but I can Drive (been doing that already) I can even ride my bike but I need to be careful. Heres the big news. Im going to the  sprint car races this weekend  in winchester indiana :D  :D  :D . Ive got to go next week for another test to see how much damage if any was done to my heart and i got a ekg today so when i see the doc again august 8th we will discuss that and im pretty sure the folowing week ill be back to work . Possibly part time but that will work for a bit. He seemed impressed with my workout routine at rehab cause i told him i crank it up a notch every time i go in. No pain No gain ...........
Ok enuff bout me
Dave :wink:

phat46

Good news Dave, keep it up!!!!!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "N8DC"Im going to the  sprint car races this weekend  in winchester indiana :D  :D  :D  

Do you need a Paramedic beside ya, just in case, ya know, ya can't be too careful, 'specially with your history :lol:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "N8DC"Im going to the  sprint car races this weekend  in winchester indiana :D  :D  :D  

Do you need a Paramedic beside ya, just in case, ya know, ya can't be too careful, 'specially with your history :lol:  :wink:

Vance

Ya know i had a bambalance ride when i checked into the first horsepistol and im kinda gun shy now. I really dont want to even think about chest pains bambalances horsepistols doctors  emt's paramedics  etc etc. But thanks anyways.
Dave

midnight sun

Keep up the routine Dave.  Gald to see you doing so well.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Dave

Quote from: "midnight sun"Keep up the routine Dave.  Gald to see you doing so well.
]
Thanks a bunch. Im on a real high right now > I cheated death (or maybe they werent ready for me yet) and the prognosis is looking good and i feel good too. 3 more weeks ill prolly be ready to go back to work but ya never know. :wink:  :wink:
Dave

donsrods

I cheated death

Yep, you did, and so did I.  Every day is a gift someone thought enough of us to give us a 2nd chance.  Take my word for it, at some point in time this all will be just a fuzzy memory and your life will be right back to where you were before the big one.

Probably a good time to pass along a word of advice to any of you out there over 40 (I had my heart attack at 43)

1)  Take a stress test once a year (it could have prevented mine by spotting trouble coming)

2) Take one baby or regular aspirin every morning.  It really helps prevent heart attacks and strokes.

3)  If you smoke, QUIT.

End of soap box.

I used to be very cavalier about my health until I had my heart attack. When someone would tell me I should watch all the Big Macs I was eating, my reply would be " If I have to live that way I would rather not live."

But when I was lying on the Emergency Room table with chest pains, and I jokingly said to the Doctor "well Doc, am I going to live?" and his reply was  " WE DON'T KNOW, BUT WE WILL DO EVERYTHING WE CAN."  That is one serious wake up call.  My reply to him was "Oh S###."

Glad to see you are doing so well, just take your time and let your heart heal.

Don

Rayvyn

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "midnight sun"Keep up the routine Dave.  Gald to see you doing so well.
]
Thanks a bunch. Im on a real high right now > I cheated death (or maybe they werent ready for me yet) and the prognosis is looking good and i feel good too. 3 more weeks ill prolly be ready to go back to work but ya never know. :wink:  :wink:
Dave

Good work on the rehab.
Good thing the Dr. doesn't know you're heading off for a night of breathing alcohol exhaust and dust... :wink:
Have a safe trip. :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

SKR8PN

Great news Dave!! :D  Now just keep up the good work,so we can kick on ya for another 30 or 40 years :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "N8DC"I really dont want to even think about chest pains bambalances horsepistols doctors  emt's paramedics  etc etc. But thanks anyways.
Dave

I won't take it personal, Dave, I understand :lol:

usually when I hafta show up, it ain't good :shock:

have fun, heres mud in your eye :b-d:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****