Nice day for racing...

Started by Sean, April 04, 2004, 08:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Hadn't been to the Dirt Track for a while so the wife and I rode out for the local tracks "Test and Tune" this afternoon.

Noticed a friend of mine was packing the left front wheel around the corners("A" Modified). Started paying attention after seeing that and he was pulling that wheel in the air in the Straightaways too!! The fuzzy pic is him on the back straight....

By the way, does anybody know any tricks to make an auto focus camera focus on the Cars instead of the Fence? That picture was at full zoom, and I was about 50 feet from the fence. I would think at that distance the fence would be transparent to the camera....

Dave

Im jealous .. I cant wait to start hitting some tracks here. Im into the pavement sprints though. I do go to eldora every year for the kings royal with the kids and my ex brother inlaw. Its a party weekend !
I told sue i was going to try and make more races this year with the boys and she asked why? I told her if i was at the races every weekend the 32 wouldnt get driven and stone chipped............ She didnt buy it......... :roll:
Dave

Sean

Quote from: "N8DC"Im jealous .. I cant wait to start hitting some tracks here. Im into the pavement sprints though.

I would be too, if we had any paved tracks around here.... :lol:

We do get Outlaw Sprints once or twice a year as a "Special Event", but I don't think any of the local tracks have an actual class for them. We do have a class for the Dwarf Cars now. I wouldn't mind building one, but the whole roof would have to come off before I could ever squeeze into one. I think they are limited to 1100cc engines, but man those things scream around the track....