32 3 window windo frame???

Started by Daveyboy, July 03, 2006, 10:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Who makes a 3 window window frame and all the hardware and hinges so i can make my glass car have a swing out windshield?
Wow one long sentence
thanks for the help
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Who makes a 3 window window frame and all the hardware and hinges so i can make my glass car have a swing out windshield?
Wow one long sentence
thanks for the help
Dave
try speedway if i remember right thats the closest got.  I was gonna do that too bught got caught up in the build time. (wanted it done for autorama 6 months) so i gave up in tht idea. You will prolly have to make the thing fight correctly too.
Dave

Uncle Bob

The last time I got that hardware it came from * Spadaro; http://www.*.com .  If it's chopped you'll need the shorter than stock side slides.  

The windshield frame was a different story.  The body I was using was a Gibbon.  The frame had to be built to fit not only because it was chopped, but the shape was "off" some.  The company that reproduces them was familiar with Gibbon so had a template.  Unfortunately when I sold the car the receipts went with it, so I don't have the company name handy.  I know they used to advertise in Hemmings so you might want to try there  www.hemmings.com .  Failing that, I've also gotten repop w/s frames from Wescott  www.wescottsauto.com , they sell parts in addition to their own bodies and are very helpful even when it's not their bod.  Also you should check with Kiwi to see if they know the name of the company/supplier, you can't be the first person who's wanted to do this.

Edit;  I just remembered I still have the box the frame came in (don't ask).  Here's the info;
Trautwein Products
 992 Turnpike Rd., Cambridge, NY  12816
 Phone: 518 677-5668
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

EMSjunkie

I agree with Dave, I have bought a ton of stuff for my Coupe from Speedway. they have reasonable prices, fast shipping, and I have never had a problem with returning an item.

www.speedwaymotors.com

check 'em out. I just got a set of 39 LED taillights, and I am impressed 8)
they are really bright.
just got done ordering a new set of Taylor 8mm plug wires from them.

thats due to another post, but I really don't wanna talk about it anymore :x

just think, if ya start ordering parts now, everything will be ready when the body arrives :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Deuce

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"Trautwein Products

They make the windshield frames for Spadaro ... I believe ...
GOOD FOLKS ...

:D
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "Deuce"
Quote from: "Uncle Bob"Trautwein Products

They make the windshield frames for Spadaro ... I believe ...
GOOD FOLKS ...

:D

Correct, and for most any of the other parts dealers...........well, the quality ones anyway. :wink:
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Nick32Vic

Speedway probalby has the best deal on the actual windshield frame.

There is almost no chance the frame is gonna fit in the open. You will probably have to do a decent amount, or a whole lot of work to get it to fit. Which in my opinion, is worth it.

For the hinges and stuff.....
* Spadaro, Bob Drake?, Ozard Ford, Obsolete Ford?

When we put the windsheild frame in my car, we had to build the hinges out of a piano hinge. Its very tricky to get the hinge at the right angle to make it swing out.

If you have any more questions about actually installing it, i can tell pretty much everything we had to do to put on in my car. Mines not a 3 window but i think the only thing thats different from a regular passenger car is the shape of the frame, like the dimensions of it.