This weekend projects

Started by 48builder, June 26, 2006, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Had a productive weekend finally. I welded my battery box together. It's been sitting in the back of the car for a couple years. I had my favorite sheet metal shop bend up a couple boxes to cover the coil spring mounts I made to use on the Z28 rear. Then I made a couple pieces to cover the old spare tire hole that the battery box didn't fill. The battery box has a small compartment for tools, cleaning supplies, etc. There is a cover that will hinge open.

The vacuum ball was an adventure. I asked a buddy if I could grab it off a Chevy truck he had in his back lot. When I opened  the hood to reach in and get it, there was a snake laying right on top. Now if there's one thing in this world I'm afraid of, it's snakes. I tried poking at it with a wrench, but he didn't want to budge. Finally he dropped off onto the ground so I could continue my work.

Bolted my split bumpers on to see how they look. I like it. I have to weld them up yet, and flush mount the bolts. Local chrome shop doesn't seem too keen on doing them for me, so I may send them out.

Also mounted a fuse panel in the kick panel and ran a few wires, but hard to take a pic of those. If I can keep this up, I may drive this thing someday.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

I spent the weekend in Akron Ohio, my younger brother was married saturday. Been busy today though. The Miller A is painted, the shocks are mounted, I'll take some pictures later this week.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.