Anybody coming to Syracuse next month?

Started by 48builder, June 26, 2006, 12:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I'm speaking of the Syracuse Nationals show. I used to have a BBQ at the house (I live about 14 miles from the fairgrounds) every year, but when I lost my good friend Pete Jardim (casaj here on RRT) I just didn't want to go back.  I haven't been to the show since. Bruce Dorsi has been up a couple times, and we had a good time.

However, I was thinking about reviving the tradition this year. Trouble is, my dad-in-law was just diagnosed with Lymphoma, and may be staying with us while getting treatment. Not sure what it will be yet.

Pipe up if you are going to be there, and if anybody is interested I'll try to deep-fry a turkey or something if I can.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Grandadeo

Walt, I don't expect to make the Syracuse Nationals.  Trying to plan a trip in August to visit my outlaws in Buffalo and go to the East Coast Gassers meet at Lancaster Speedway.  But thanks for mentioning Pete.  I haven't thought of him in a while and you brought back some great memories.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

HotRodLadyCrusr

Roadstar and I will be there in Big Olds along with my folks in their black and silver '56 Olds and another couple in their white and maroon '39 Chevy.  We will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and staying thru the weekend.  I haven't been in a couple of years.  I read on the application about the cutoff year being 1980 now.  Not to thrilled with that but we already had plans to go so I'll attend with an open mind and if there is too many '70's type car that don't interest me then I will just plan on not attending again.  

We should set up a meet and greet time and place.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

48builder

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Roadstar and I will be there in Big Olds along with my folks in their black and silver '56 Olds and another couple in their white and maroon '39 Chevy.  We will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and staying thru the weekend.  
We should set up a meet and greet time and place.

Yep, we'll do that. I did meet you there about 4 or 5 years ago. I think there was another young woman with you, but don't remember her name. We only spoke for a few minutes. If I can have the BBQ, it will be on Friday evening, and your companions are all welcome as well. I'll keep you posted.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

HotRodLadyCrusr

It was Hot Rod Liz that was with me and I believe it was your friend Pete that was with you??  I believe I have a photo of our little meet and greet then.  I will look for it and post.

Your BBQ on Friday evening sounds wonderful.  Please let me know as soon as you've decided.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

terrarodder

I plan to be there with the Over The Hill Gang Pa., I think there will only be about 6 of us this year, who ever don't come is their loss, I still think its a great show. I wonder if attendance will be down like a lot of shows i've been to  this year.
normal people scare me