Getting the '40 ready for Louisville

Started by alchevy, June 13, 2006, 09:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

I am working on a few things on my '40 Chevy getting it ready for Louisville. Last night I started working on putting on the running board & rear fender on the driver's side. I had to order some new headers and they will be in today. My Sanderson headers have a crack in them near the collector. That ruined my sparkplug wires on the passenger side so I bought a new set of plug wires. I have a new front fender to install on the passenger side too and a Williams Street Rod gas door to go in the rear passenger side fender. I talked to the folks at the Haywire booth at Springfield, MO about my electric fan not working some of the time and they told me how to fix it. The wire behind the lower relay needs to be re-soldiered.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Awesome. Im pumped for louisville. Its gonna be fun this year.

alchevy

We have started our plans as for who is going this year, got several rookies this year. That's a neat feeling when ya bring a rookie to the Nats and get them hooked on it, year after year after year!
My new headers came in last night around 9:05pm. It looks like the exhaust pipe is going to have to be changed slightly to make these fit.
AL

Nick, we'll have more days at this event and I will make sure I meet you.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com