Trying my hand at the Interior

Started by rumrumm, June 13, 2006, 02:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

Having run out of money--enough that is, to have a professional complete the interior,  I decided to do it myself.  I'm an enterprising sort, so why not give it a try, right? Ivan, my interior guy, did the seat and the dash which requires stitching, and I am  doing the rest. Here's a couple of pics. I think I may have missed my calling as it has turned out to be fun and I have been doing it with a minimum of cursing so far. The door panel is a combination of taupe and ostrich vinyls, and carpet at the bottom. I hope to be done for the Des Moines Good Guys event. I'll keep you updated.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

alchevy

That looks very good, I think you did miss your calling!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

MrMopar64

If ya need more practice............I guess you could use my car!!  :lol:  :lol:

Very nice job!!!!

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Okiedokie

I'll be right in line behind MrMopar. Nice job.

midnight sun

Quote from: "rumrumm"Having run out of money--enough that is, to have a professional complete the interior,  I decided to do it myself.  I'm an enterprising sort, so why not give it a try, right? Ivan, my interior guy, did the seat and the dash which requires stitching, and I am  doing the rest. Here's a couple of pics. I think I may have missed my calling as it has turned out to be fun and I have been doing it with a minimum of cursing so far. The door panel is a combination of taupe and ostrich vinyls, and carpet at the bottom. I hope to be done for the Des Moines Good Guys event. I'll keep you updated.

You can put a 47 Ford Coupe on your schedule also  :wink:
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

48builder

Quote from: "rumrumm"Having run out of money--enough that is, to have a professional complete the interior,  I decided to do it myself.

Nice job! I did a similar thing a few years back. I wasn't really happy with the job my guy did, so I bought an old industrial Singer machine. I read a few books, practiced a bit, and then started in. I re-did the seats in my '39, and I've done seats for a pickup, a Mercury Capri that has a 4-banger from a turbo T-bird in it, a '63 Austin-Healy, and I did the complete interior in a '89 Cavalier convertible. I've been able to trade for some welding on my car. It's not that hard to do a nice job on interiors. Helps to know a few tricks. When I go to shows I take lots of pics of interiors and then try to figure out how they were done.

Keep up the good work!

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

EMSjunkie

Darn fine job Lynn. :D  :D

nothing to be ashamed of there. 8)

I too did the interior in my Coupe. I  had never sewed ANYTHING in my life when the dude helping me get started sat me down in front of his industrial sewing machine. :shock:

I'm just proud I still have all my fingers :-o

when you get "good" at it let me know, maybe you can teach me some tricks :?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****