lost our old farm dog and were looking for a new house

Started by 48ford, May 21, 2006, 08:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Hi,
We had another bad day.
Our old farm dog got hit on the road today,we live on a state highway,and with all the new houses going up it has turned into a race track. we are going tto look for a new place.
We had "The Dom" seems like forever and lately he couldn't jump the fences anymore and was getting slow,just like me,but just to see him taken out by a car was just to much on me.I walked to the other side of the road to get the paper and he ran twards me,It was something he NEVER did,but it just took once.Irene was by him too. This realy sucks.
later russ

donsrods

Wow. really sorry to hear about your dog. We get so * attached to our pets that it hits us  deeply when something happens to one of them. The way he passed is not good, and I only hope he didn't suffer.

People who don't feel the way we do about our pets probably have a hard time understanding, but they do become a real member of the family.

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

My two cats are getting old, and I have had them for years (they were the one thing I insisted on in my divorce) and I am not looking forward to the day I know will come someday.

Don

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that. I have not had a dog in 8 years, had to put the last one down with cancer. 582 has gotten really busy in the last few years.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Russ,Sorry for the loss of your buddy.I have been in your shoes and you're right....It sucks  :cry:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Sorry to hear about losing your dog Russ. :cry:

After seeing one of our dogs and our cat get hit by cars while we were in the yard with them, I decided to put chain link fence around a large portion of our yard.  It was a little expensive but I'm a dog person and it really hurts to lose your buddy, so it's been worth it.
George

midnight sun

Quote from: "48ford"Hi,
We had another bad day.
Our old farm dog got hit on the road today,we live on a state highway,and with all the new houses going up it has turned into a race track. we are going tto look for a new place.
We had "The Dom" seems like forever and lately he couldn't jump the fences anymore and was getting slow,just like me,but just to see him taken out by a car was just to much on me.I walked to the other side of the road to get the paper and he ran twards me,It was something he NEVER did,but it just took once.Irene was by him too. This realy sucks.
later russ

Sorry to hear about you losing your best buddy.  Been there done that and I know how you feel.  Condolences.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Deuce

:(

I very rarely post ... but I lurk almost everyday.

Sorry about the loss of your canine friend ...
It is very difficult to lose a loved one ...
My wife and I had to put down our little Miniature Schnauzer after 14 years of love and devotion.

My wife got a new Miniature Schnauzer puppy for Christmas ... but I still terribly miss the one we lost ...

Randy
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Bib_Overalls

We have two dogs, Jimbo and Jewel.  Every time I leave the house I worry about them until I get home.  So I know how you are grieving.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

"I very rarely post ... but I lurk almost everyday. " Randy....you need to post more and give us an update on the 3-W project!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

bucketmouth

And there I was consoling my brother the other night and he saids what more can go wrong? I told him to cheer up things will get better.
A few minutes later he gets a call saying his ex left the gate open and his German Shepard got out and was runover by a car. gee I really felt for him.
As a lot of us know our pets are part of the family and we feel the pain when they're gone.
Sorry for your loss 48ford. :(
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.