Fastening lines

Started by GPster, May 26, 2006, 06:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Give me some ideas where to find the single screw (or pop rivet) line clamps for 3/16" and 5/16" lines. My friendly Ace Hardware has the nylon ones that do 1/4" and 3/8" but they would be sloppy around my brake lines and my fuel line. I know I tend to be "Ol' Skool" but I did have one year of college and I'd rather not have the lines rattle and crack. I tried our local parts houses and trying to be helpful they suggested I try Ace Hardware but I'd already been there. I'd even use the type that are metal with a rubber sleeve on them. Even though there's still air in the brake lines I'd like them to stay where I've put them. GPster

phat46

I have gotten them at the big box stores, Lowes, Home Depot....pricey, but they had them. Or see if there's a nearby swapmeet this weekend, seems thre's alway a guy selling that type of hardware at swaps...

tonto1

Go to McMaster.com, look on page 1373 or in the search window, type in    "Nylon and Tefzel Loop Straps"
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

Inprimer

Quote from: "GPster"Give me some ideas where to find the single screw (or pop rivet) line clamps for 3/16" and 5/16" lines. My friendly Ace Hardware has the nylon ones that do 1/4" and 3/8" but they would be sloppy around my brake lines and my fuel line. I know I tend to be "Ol' Skool" but I did have one year of college and I'd rather not have the lines rattle and crack. I tried our local parts houses and trying to be helpful they suggested I try Ace Hardware but I'd already been there. I'd even use the type that are metal with a rubber sleeve on them. Even though there's still air in the brake lines I'd like them to stay where I've put them. GPster
what you are looking for are called ADEL clamps. If you live by a good auto supplier they have them in their catalog. Originally used on aircraft  you might try someone  at an airport ( private )such as Cesna etc..

MrMopar64

Quote from: "GPster"Give me some ideas where to find the single screw (or pop rivet) line clamps for 3/16" and 5/16" lines. My friendly Ace Hardware has the nylon ones that do 1/4" and 3/8" but they would be sloppy around my brake lines and my fuel line. I know I tend to be "Ol' Skool" but I did have one year of college and I'd rather not have the lines rattle and crack. I tried our local parts houses and trying to be helpful they suggested I try Ace Hardware but I'd already been there. I'd even use the type that are metal with a rubber sleeve on them. Even though there's still air in the brake lines I'd like them to stay where I've put them. GPster

You can also get the nylon ones at the electronics store.......

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

C9

Earls.
Total Performance.
Spruce Specialties.  (Home-built aircraft supply house.)

Speed shops many times stock a generic Adel clamp.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

GPster

Well, I'm just about to become a stocking dealer. Me and my accountant just ordered 100 count boxes of the four sizes I might need. GPster