Just Steve's ill

Started by phat46, May 21, 2006, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Just heard on the HAMB that "Just Steve", Steve Hendrickson, is Ill. Probably why we haven't seen him on here for a long time. They said he had cancer and MS. He's too good of a guy to deserve anything like that... :(

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"Just heard on the HAMB that "Just Steve", Steve Hendrickson, is Ill. Probably why we haven't seen him on here for a long time. They said he had cancer and MS. He's too good of a guy to deserve anything like that... :(

sorry to hear that. met him a louisville quite a few years ago. Nice guy,,,

Dave

tomslik

Quote from: "phat46"Just heard on the HAMB that "Just Steve", Steve Hendrickson, is Ill. Probably why we haven't seen him on here for a long time. They said he had cancer and MS. He's too good of a guy to deserve anything like that... :(

my worst enemy doesn't deserve that crap......
get well soon, Just!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Sad news.I've never met him......is  he the fellow that originally started Big Olds?? I wish him the best!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

Quote from: "40"Sad news.I've never met him......is  he the fellow that originally started Big Olds?? I wish him the best!

Yes that's Steve that started it. Nice guy I met him in Kazoo when Rodders Digest was always there.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Sorry to read that about Steve.

Hope things get better real soon for him !
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Steve has been sick for quite a while now but the last time I talked to him on the phone, right before Christmas I think, he said he was doing better.  I'll call him tomorrow, pass along all the well wishes, and see how he's doing.  If it's ok with him, I'll report back or better yet, encourage him to post himself.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

sirstude

Nice guy, sorry to hear this.  I talked to him for a couple of years ongonig in Spokane when he started the Big Olds.  He was a great encouragement on my Olds, showed me everything he had one.  Denise, please send him my regards.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

Best wishes. Just knowing somebody cares should be good.
TEAM SMART

Sean

Sorry to hear about that. I don't know him personally, but I have conversed with him on the HAMB a few times.

I had an Uncle that lived 15 years after being diagnosed with Cancer. They originally gave him 12-18 months, or something like that. Hopefully Steve can pull off the same trick.

moparrodder

Our thoughts and prayers go out to him for getting well soon.  We would want the best for him.  We know the power of prayer is strong so keep the prayer chain going for him.   Bill and Gail

HotRodLadyCrusr

I finally got thru to Steve's home phone last nite. A gentleman answered, wasn't his Dad but didn't identify himself. I told him who I was and asked how Steve was doing. The gentleman said he's still in ICU but off the breathing ventilater. We chatted for a bit. I asked him to please let Steve know that all his car buddies on the HAMB and the RRT are keeping him in their thoughts and prayers and that there is a "Get Well" post on both of the sites.

I kinda told him the latest update on Big Olds and asked him to pass along the info to Steve. In the past, Steve always seemed thrilled to hear the news so I figured it might cheer him up to know there is still progress on the baby that he started building 15 years ago.

I also asked him to ask Steve to call me when he felt up to it. If I don't hear back in a few weeks I'll call again and get an update and of course keep everyone posted.

Keep those postive prayers going you guys.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.