Vette Makover

Started by Bob K, May 28, 2006, 11:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

There was a post awhile back "What's going on out in the shop"

Here is what I posted and a quick update.

Doing a makeover on the 62 Vette. Gonna modify it just enough to upset the purists, You know the ones, the "CORVETTE PEOPLE"

Will have a 2" lowering job via new front uprights and rear lowering blocks, chrome reverse wheels with painted centers and spider caps ( Idea stolen from Tony).

A new black canvas top, a dual chamber master cylinder and front disc brakes.

And to top it offf a Tremec 5 spd tranny. That should help bring the revs down to a reasonabel level. Now at 75 or 80 it runs * near 3700.

B  B

The whole thing didn't copy. oh well those were the pics of it in primer. Here is a pic i took yesterday.

B :b-d: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Bob K"

Doing a makeover on the 62 Vette. Gonna modify it just enough to upset the purists, You know the ones, the "CORVETTE PEOPLE"

You gonna put a straight 6 in this as well???? :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Looking good Bob. Some days I wish I still had my '62 instead of the '40. They are such simple cars to work on and they respond well to simple changes and improvements.

I need a couple decent '59-'62 hubcaps - got a couple to spare?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

donsrods

The problem with these "Purists" is that they are full of suggestions, but none of them has ever stepped up and offered to make my car payment for me. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nice looking vette. These were some of the prettiest, in my opinion. Lots of style.  If you REALLY want to upset them, tub it and stick a 6:71 through the hood. :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Don

slocrow

It is still Honduras Maroon, isn't it? It looks red on my puter.    
Tubbed, 671, can you say "Big" John Maz.
I still say 427 ci LS7............
I miss my 61........
Denise, you have no respect for your elders........but that was i funny line!
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Bob K

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "Bob K"

You gonna put a straight 6 in this as well???? :wink:

Maybe, you got a spare 302 Jimmy with Hilborn injectors sitting around that you wanna donate to the cause?

B :roll: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Bob....Is that old piece of "Tupperware" going to be ready for the 50's??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"