Jr dragster update

Started by phat rat, May 22, 2006, 04:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Well the motor that came with the car lasted about 5 runs. So now it's got a Blockzilla in it. Yesterday was the first time out and it needs carb work to get things really popping. But it ran a top ET.of 9.16 sec and a top mph of 71 and he let up on it at the end of the 9.16 so mph was only 65
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

EMSjunkie

sounds like he's following in GrandPa's footsteps

a "blockzilla" sure sounds like a big block to me.  :shock:  8)  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Sean

Quote from: "phat rat"top mph of 71 and he let up on it at the end of the 9.16 so mph was only 65

I didn't realize those things went that fast. What are they running as far as distance? 1/8 mile?

The motors are based on a 5 horse Briggs aren't they? What is the actual horsepower after all the mods? I always thought it would be cool to put a Yamaha V-Max engine on one of those things. Man, what a ride that would be... :shock:

phat rat

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "phat rat"top mph of 71 and he let up on it at the end of the 9.16 so mph was only 65

I didn't realize those things went that fast. What are they running as far as distance? 1/8 mile?

The motors are based on a 5 horse Briggs aren't they? What is the actual horsepower after all the mods? I always thought it would be cool to put a Yamaha V-Max engine on one of those things. Man, what a ride that would be... :shock:

Not sure what they figure for Hp. The motor is loosely based on Briggs but it's all aftermarket. Yes it's an 1/8 mi that they run.  At NHRA and AHRA tracks under 12 years old they are limited to 12.90 sec, 12 and over is 8.90  It'll be interesting to see what he ends up with for et and mph when it's straightened out and running right. It's a non sanctioned track near here so he could run faster without them coming down on him.

EMSjunkie

are ya gonna hide some nitrous in the frame? 8)

that outta get ya a few extra ponies :shock:  :shock:

surley you have figgered out a way to sneak some in.  :idea:

remember, it ain't cheatin' till ya get caught.  8)  :oops:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"are ya gonna hide some nitrous in the frame? 8)

that outta get ya a few extra ponies :shock:  :shock:

surley you have figgered out a way to sneak some in.  :idea:

remember, it ain't cheatin' till ya get caught.  8)  :oops:  :wink:

Vance

He's on Alky not gas. Looks like it's going to have to be held back as it is.

kb426

Sounds good to me. Years ago, they ran this class at a division points meet that I was competing at. When they fired them up, it took a second to figure out who had raced go karts before. There was day and night difference in those engines. It was fun to watch. Some of the kids threw fits, some threw there helmets. They sure make neat parts for those little buggers.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Neat parts that are expensive as all get out. About s%^$ when my son told me how much some of that stuff cost. Front wheels and tires were $400, it's more expensive than hot rods. Some of the motors I'm told go for as much as $5-6000