9" Equaloc posi

Started by 2rods, June 29, 2006, 11:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2rods

Anyone have an exploded parts view or any spare parts, clutches or steels for these dinosaurs? Thanks.

slocrow

Quote from: "2rods"Anyone have an exploded parts view or any spare parts, clutches or steels for these dinosaurs? Thanks.
Does this help???????????
http://search.ebay.com/ford-9-nine-inch_W0QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsatitleZfordQ209Q22Q20nineQ20inchQQssPageNameZRC0021
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

2rods

Not really. All traction loc stuff not equaloc. Thanks.

enjenjo

You have a picture of the clutch plates and steels? I may have some.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

2rods

Looking for an exploded view if you have that Frank. Thanks.

Arnold

Quote from: "2rods"Anyone have an exploded parts view or any spare parts, clutches or steels for these dinosaurs? Thanks.

Were the Equaloc's a limited slip or a positive traction type dif ?
I had some Lincolns..67-71 and iirc the Equalocs of around and just prior to that were  a positive traction type unit..and around 67 the Lincolns I think? had what was called I think a "Twingrip" or something..that was sort of an odd ball unit..not quite a true positive traction unit and not quite a true limited slip.I think in 68? that the Lincolns anyway went to a true limited slip type.

LOL...I never knew which was WORSE in light vehicles(rear end wise) with high gears..when on icy or real slick roads. A positive traction type that was stiff..and never really quite unlocked (enough)to give one rear wheel some guidance or stability when not being driven..OR a limited slip..that when one wheel slipped a bit it was the opposing wheel that locked,now became the driven wheel and lost it's stability.Locking/unlocking.Bring it on! Empty pos 1 ton diesel work van with some sort of locking rear axle  and a nasty icy piece of road :lol: .I always thought the vans were worse than the pickups because the vans you could really get into that "sailboard" effect HAHA with a bit of wind :twisted: .

Did any other cars other than some old Hemi Chargers run odd rear springs..a softer one (on I forget now which side..duh) to counteract traction problems even with locking/unlocking difs?