www.antiqueautoracing.com

Started by GPster, May 04, 2006, 09:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

They are going to be in Marietta, Ohio (my home town) this weekend. I saw them in Dover, Ohio a few years back and were here last year but got rained out. This seems to end up as more of an exhibition than a competition . Last year they seemed to be set up more in the parking lot of the fairgrounds than having a pit set up in the infield of the track so the cars should be fairly easy to look at. Check their site and decide if you want to see something a little different. GPster

GPster

Went to the fairgrounds this evening. By counting the number of closed trailers and cars on open trailers that I saw there must have been twelve there already. I saw on rig with Virginia plates on it so they must travel some. I saw a couple of flathead powered track cars and one with a V8 60. There was also on car there with an in-line 6 (?) something with side draft carbs that looked to be a higher class of car than a "dirt tracker" . Also saw a "T" speedster pulling in as I was leaving. There's been a group of restored "T"s touring around town today and I saw one restored "A" thats must be from out of town. Who knows? Maybe staying home this weekend won't be too bad. GPster