Wrecks to riches mufflers

Started by sirstude, April 28, 2006, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I watched the Mercury Marauder epesode of "wrecks to riches" the other night and the car sounded really good.  Did anyone catch what mufflers they put on the car?  The were not the tin can sound of Flowmasters.  Don
't beat me up for watching such a dumb show, but I was at least working in the garage while it was on.  Dont' see how some one that seems to not see anything wrong with the cars he brings in (rust) can make a buck in the car industry.  Anyone else notice they don't seem to add the labor into the total amount?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

alchevy

I have caught two of those shows. It still takes away from the enjoyment of the hobby when they are so much in a rush to get it done. that car did sound good, but I missed what the exhaust was too.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Flipper

Quote from: "sirstude"I watched the Mercury Marauder epesode of "wrecks to riches" the other night and the car sounded really good.  Did anyone catch what mufflers they put on the car?  The were not the tin can sound of Flowmasters.  Don
't beat me up for watching such a dumb show, but I was at least working in the garage while it was on.  Dont' see how some one that seems to not see anything wrong with the cars he brings in (rust) can make a buck in the car industry.  Anyone else notice they don't seem to add the labor into the total amount?

Doug

They way their price tally jumps up, I think they are counting labor.  That or they pay WAY TOO MUCH for parts.

Bib_Overalls

I think they use salary costs and not shop hour cost to compute labor.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

jaybee

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"I think they use salary costs and not shop hour cost to compute labor.

I think that's possible.  I've noticed the "spendometer" often jumps in increments $2,000-$3,000 greater than the paint products or parts they just described.  That could also describe all the "incidentals" from nuts & bolts to wiring harnesses that don't get described in the narration.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

sirstude

I was sent the link to Barry's new site http://supermusclecar.com/cars.html for anyone who is interested.  The description of the car says Flowmaster, but they did not sound that way.  When I looked up the parts suppliers it says MagnaFlow. Nice to see that one hand does not know what the other is doing.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us