Ford Pickup 101?

Started by OldSub, May 03, 2006, 01:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Made from 57 to 63 Same block as the Edsel and Merc 383. It was called a MEL block. It was enlarged to 462 in 63 and used until the 460 came out.
64 actually.....it's from a 64 continental....trans is there too...
i've been looking for a 59 4dr wagon to put it in (but not real hard, i don't need another project i'll never get done)
I'm going to hi-jack this thread with a question. On some old engines (like SBC) you can overlook the lead/no lead deal on the valves and seats by putting later model heads on it. How do you guys recommend getting around this issue with an engine that stopped being in production before lead free gas was manditory? Doing a valve job with new seats is not cheap and additives added to the gas tank might be a bother on a trip or is this a problem that I'm overly scared about? GPster

I HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH OF A PROBLEM with burning valves, actually, none....
i go by the thought that i'll worry about it when the time comes...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

tomslik

Quote from: "OldSub"
Quote from: "tomslik"yeah, sure, come to colorao and don't stop and say hi.... :roll:

Well it was dinner time and I didn't want to be rude...  I did wave!

quote]

1 finger, i suppose..;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "GPster"How do you guys recommend getting around this issue with an engine that stopped being in production before lead free gas was manditory? Doing a valve job with new seats is not cheap and additives added to the gas tank might be a bother on a trip or is this a problem that I'm overly scared about? GPster

I HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH OF A PROBLEM with burning valves, actually, none....i go by the thought that i'll worry about it when the time comes...
Thanks for that opinion. GPster