Bed liners?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, April 25, 2006, 12:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Lets talk about the bed liners for pick up truck beds.

I have no interest in the spary on stuff or the roll on stuff for beds.

Seems like some bed liners are thicker than others?

My Ford truck had a Ford liner in it and the thing was purty tough.

I am trying to get a good bed liner for my Silverado since I may keep it for a while now that the new brakes have lasted past 3200 miles on the truck.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Duraliner is big around here for drop in liners.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

I used to put a liner in all of my new trucks......I never haul anything in my "Good" truck as I always have a couple of old work trucks.....but always put one in just in case.I know the fellow that purchased my last truck after I traded it in with less than 20K miles on the clock.He removed the liner to install a camper and I was amazed that the liner had worn about 1/2 the paint off the floor of the bed.During the 2 years I drove the truck,it never hauled so much as a sack of groceries and was always garaged.I believe it was a Pendaliner....never really noticed while I owned the truck but the liner must have fit very poorly allowing it to move around.....just my .02!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Quote from: "40"....never really noticed while I owned the truck but the liner must have fit very poorly allowing it to move around.....just my .02!

it might have fit pretty good. it doesn't take much movement to wear paint and trucks are made to flex abit. that is why when i get one i'm getting a spray on, prolly a lineX.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

the problem I see with spray in liner material is the bed metal is still beat to snot.

At one time we used spray in liners for company trucks... converters and trannys beat the bed so bad the tires rubbed metal on the wheel tubs.

We use the drop in liners and the bed does not suffer as much.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Crosley"the problem I see with spray in liner material is the bed metal is still beat to snot.

At one time we used spray in liners for company trucks... converters and trannys beat the bed so bad the tires rubbed metal on the wheel tubs.

We use the drop in liners and the bed does not suffer as much.

I got mine at the Chevy dealer when I bought the truck. Seems to be a good solid liner, and it's holding up well. And it was cheaper (believe it or not) than the aftermarket ones are. Mine is an under the rail. First thing I did when I got it home was was seal under the edge where it meets the tailgate. That way no water gets under and rusts the bed.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Slick 50

There's a company in PA that makes a bed liner called Load Lok with notches cast in the sides that will accept a 2x4 to size the bed in order to prevent things from sliding around. I always thought this was a good idear and a feature I would look for.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

river1

my stock chevy bed has those notches in the sides. i keep a 2X6 in one that keeps grocery bags from sliding. cool feature.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.