Bad News

Started by midnight sun, May 06, 2006, 11:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight sun

Some of you knew about my brother and his being responsible for my getting into street rods.  He passed away 3 years ago and left me his place along with several cars and hundreds of parts, automobilia and regular antiques.

Last Tuesday night I got a call around 8 pm and was told that it had burned to the ground.  It is about 2 hours from here.  Apparently there was a propane leak and the best guess was that the refer motor was enough to touch off a huge explosion and subsequent fire.  A friend who lives 1/4 mile away told me it nearly blew him off his couch.  It blew out two walls and the ceiling.  Volunteer Fire department did all they could but  couldnt save it.

I guess the blessing was that my wife and I were going up there the next day to haul back some more stuff so Im thanking God we werent there when it went off.

Attached are a few pictures.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Sean

That sucks. At least nobody got hurt.

There was a brick home here in Fulton that exploded from a natural Gas leak several years ago. My grandmother happened to be driving by the house at the moment it exploded. She said it blew bricks and glass all over the street. Two people were inside it when it blew...

phat46

Quote from: "midnight sun"Some of you knew about my brother and his being responsible for my getting into street rods.  He passed away 3 years ago and left me his place along with several cars and hundreds of parts, automobilia and regular antiques.

Last Tuesday night I got a call around 8 pm and was told that it had burned to the ground.  It is about 2 hours from here.  Apparently there was a propane leak and the best guess was that the refer motor was enough to touch off a huge explosion and subsequent fire.  A friend who lives 1/4 mile away told me it nearly blew him off his couch.  It blew out two walls and the ceiling.  Volunteer Fire department did all they could but  couldnt save it.

I guess the blessing was that my wife and I were going up there the next day to haul back some more stuff so Im thanking God we werent there when it went off.

That's terrible! It's a shame that all that stuff was lost, but I hope you didn't lose any special memories of your brother.

enjenjo

sorry to hear that. At least no one was hurt.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "midnight sun"Some of you knew about my brother and his being responsible for my getting into street rods.  He passed away 3 years ago and left me his place along with several cars and hundreds of parts, automobilia and regular antiques.

oh shi.., where was that and is there anything i can do?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Sorry to hear of your misfortune! Very fortunate nobody was there!I am in the middle of rebuilding a house that was mostly destroyed in a fire....I've never been involved with this type of situation.....it's quite a mess. The foundation and the deck was able to be saved but the rest,including the contents was lost in the fire.Fortunately,all of the occupants including the pets were able to get out safely.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

midnight sun

Quote from: "tomslik"

oh shi.., where was that and is there anything i can do?

Not much to do now but bury it or haul it off but thanks for asking.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Crosley.In.AZ

wow , what a mess

about 25 yrs ago we had a neighbors house explode from a natural gas leak .  It was about 2 blocks away and that was loud!

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)