Rochester 2 barell Question??

Started by Dirty31, May 02, 2006, 11:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty31

While looking at tri-power setup and stock modified tri-power setup me and the pops have noticed that on some Rochester 2g center carbs bases that there is a little port hole/ vacuum hole. It is below the butterflies rite in the indention corner on the passenger side rear bolt hole. I had looked a t few extra ones I have and three had it and one did not.

I quess my question is what is this hole for? It is definitely sucking vaccum. I can not seem to find a happy medium on my carbs but when we spray carb cleaner in this hole the motor gets real smooth which indicates that this vacuum is a culprit to one of my problems. I JB welded it up last night to seal it but out of curiosity we want to know from a carb guru or someone that may know what exactly this hole is for. I mean it is straight dirty infiltered vauum into the base of your carbs. Cant seem to good for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks Rusty

enjenjo

Originally that port was used to run a dashpot on some carbs. It was used as an aid to prevent stalling when slowing down quickly. When you pulled your foot off the gas to make a quick stop, it held the throttle partly open for a few seconds, and as the vacuum rose, it went back to idle slowly. It was also used for a vacuum break on later model divorced choke models. It can be plugged with no problems.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dirty31

Thanks Enjenjo,  we sealed all the little hole holes up and man what a difference it made.  Looks like they are gonna work after all,  Thanks for the help, Rusty