New Mississippi Member

Started by Tinman, April 24, 2006, 11:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinman

I've been browsing the site for the last couple of days and figured that I would share some pictures of my work in progress, daily driver '68 Ranchero.  I bought it last May from up around Tyler, Texas and it is now a dependable daily driver, even though it is a long ways from being finished.

enjenjo

I remember working on them years ago. Welcome to the RRT,
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

It's nice to have another RRT member from Mississippi. I'm in Vicksburg. Welcome. For Mississippi car club happenings and car show info in the state and surrounding area, visit:
www.vicksburgcruisers.com
www.ms-sra.org
www.astreetrodder.com
www.classiccarbug.com
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Welcome! Not many of the "cheros" or "caminos" survived the rust in our area!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat46

Welcome, I haven't seen one of those around here in many years, I think the last one rusted away in 1982.... :lol:

Tinman

I guess if it had lived here most of its life, it would have crumbled away a long time ago, but East Texas must not be too bad on vehicles.  The body is really pretty solid except for a couple of small spots in the floor board.

Al,  you might want to check out www.gulfcoastmotorsports.com for some info on local and regional events.

Here are a few more pictures

EMSjunkie

Great lookin' Ranchero.  :D  8)

the first vehicle I bought was a '66 'chero with a boss 302.  :shock:

bought it from a local Ford mechanic. the motor came out of a wrecked Mustang. C-6 tranny with an 8" rear end.

that little puppy would scoot.  :)

perfect car for a 16 year old kid.  :wink:

welcome to our board.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****