Anybody know anything about electric switches?

Started by 48builder, April 25, 2006, 12:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I'm sure enjenjo or Skip do. I need to get some switches to control the rear windows in my sedan. I have fabricated swing-out windows using the tracks and motors from a late model Dodge Caravan. I want to have them independently controlled by the driver, but also have each passenger able to control their own window.

I don't know if I need single-pole, double-throw, or double-pole, double throw.......

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

You'll need double pole, double throw. Ball's has some nice switches, also Watson's Street Works.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"You'll need double pole, double throw. Ball's has some nice switches, also Watson's Street Works.

Thanks! Is that the same for front and rear?
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

Yes. at the front drivers position, you will need 4 of these switches to operate all the windows
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ed ke6bnl

Quote from: "enjenjo"You'll need double pole, double throw. Ball's has some nice switches, also Watson's Street Works.

The switch I used to controll the door lock is a double throw double pole
momentary on--off--momentery on. the plus and minus go to the                        C *----*---*A  
                            B *----*---*D
center two unlabeld *'s and there will have to be a jumper from CtoD and AtoB then when you switch the lever it will reverse the polarity. Ed ke6bnl
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,