Non power stering pulleys for a 460 Ford

Started by junkyardjeff, April 07, 2006, 10:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

Does anyone know if they exist as I am putting a 460 in my 66 F250 that does not have power steering and I would like to keep it that way,the 77 parts truck has power steering and I never seen a truck with a 460 without and of course all the lincolns and t-birds had power steering.  I do not want to spend big dollars for aftermatket pulleys as its a work truck and if none exist I might have to extend the alternator out some.  Jeff

phat46

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"Does anyone know if they exist as I am putting a 460 in my 66 F250 that does not have power steering and I would like to keep it that way,the 77 parts truck has power steering and I never seen a truck with a 460 without and of course all the lincolns and t-birds had power steering.  I do not want to spend big dollars for aftermatket pulleys as its a work truck and if none exist I might have to extend the alternator out some.  Jeff

that's what I did on a 429, made some tubing extenders for the alt; very simple. Could take pics if you'd like

junkyardjeff

I would like to see how you did it,I might go to a junkyard that has some larger trucks and see what they have.  Jeff

phat46

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I would like to see how you did it,I might go to a junkyard that has some larger trucks and see what they have.  Jeff

I'll take a couple pics Sat afternonn

phat46

Here's a pic. Basically i used 1" DOM tubing .250 wall, leftovers from my fourbars, to make the spacers. Just mocked it up and measyred what i needed and cut the pieces. I faced them off on a lath to squre 'em up. So far no probs, but the truck has only been around the block a few times, but it has several hours of running time on them.

junkyardjeff

Thanks as I know what I will have to do if I dont install power steering.  Jeff