brake vendors

Started by river1, April 04, 2006, 07:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

i'm ready for brakes on my 53 chevy with MII front end. i need a chevy bolt pattern and i'm using a master with a 1 inch bore.

which vendor has a good combo of price and service?
service over price tho.

stainless steel? ECI? master power? others?

any brake kit recommendations for my set up?
should i get the caliper mount by mail and the rest local?

thanks for all advice

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

I'd vote for ECI and against Master Power Brake
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Uncle Bob

Me three!

Ralph is great, and helpful.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

BFS57

Hello;
I have the Classic Performance Products Catalogue and It has tons of goodies for a wide array of vehicles! Check them out on the net www.classicperform.com.
Bruce

Charlie Chops 1940

ECI's big brake kit is the best. I have one on the '40.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

river1

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"ECI's big brake kit is the best. I have one on the '40.

Charlie

are the parts easily replaceable? I'm thinking if something breaks in resume speed Iowa?

thanks Jim

Charlie Chops 1940

It's an aluminum hub and dust cover that I suspect is proprietary to ECI. I think it's pretty well proven stuff. Steel caliper bracket and big GM caliper. More braking power than the ford rotor, GM caliper hit according to Ralph. I don't remember all the details but it's been in his ads for years.

Ralph and I had words about missing dust covers a couple years ago but he took care of it to my satisfaction.

I don't know if I'd get too wired up about availability in Resume Speed, Iowa anyway cuz they don't have a parts store...

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

river1

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I don't know if I'd get too wired up about availability in Resume Speed, Iowa anyway cuz they don't have a parts store...Charlie

you mean harold closed his store! i'll miss the S0B. :lol:  :lol:

thanks all

i'll be ordering from ECI shortly.

later jim

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

At least whilst they are still working anyway...

A Hooligan!