Newest Purchase

Started by alchevy, December 20, 2005, 03:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Quote from: "Dusty"The SO-CAL bunch, had one of the HHR's at Bonnevile last year...

Like this one?
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dusty

Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

river1

Quote from: "Dusty"The SO-CAL bunch, had one of the HHR's at Bonnevile last year, running one of the Eco-tec engines...They never did get a good run out of it...

course hardly anyone one got good runs off. :?

how's the recovery effort doing benny?

hope things are lookin up for you.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

That is the gray colour we liked. We liked the orange color too.

have fun with it.

Seems like the automatic trans comes with remote engine start ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Quote from: "Crosley"Seems like the automatic trans comes with remote engine start ?

Yes it does! Have to put the key in to go anywhere, it just cranks it up to impress folks and on cold/hot days, you can crank it up before you get in it and get the temp right.....only one thing....in the area I live in, we may have the a/c on the last time we drove it and then when we crank it up the next morning, it may be cold weather again. Whoops!

I'm a red car person, but the red is a darker maroonish red, not a bright red. The blue color looks the best on it. I don't like the way the lighter colors look on it yet. I saw the sunburst orange on another Chevy on the lot...but could not make up my mind on it, but could not find one either in that color. This one was on the lot, so I didn't have to wait. The salesman told me that production of the HHR's was running about two weeks longer than the rest of the Chevrolets if we had to order one.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Got a chance on Saturday to take some pictures of my HHR next to a friend's '48 Suburban...here's one of them.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Well...........it's here! Chevy came out with an HHR in Victory Red. I woulda, coulda, shoulda,...waited. It's a limited run of 2300 of them and it's called the Spring Edition.

That's the color my '40 Chevy is going to be painted someday.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

phat46

Quote from: "40chevy"Well, I now own a clone of a clone...a 2006 Chevy HHR. If the PT Cruiser is a clone of the style of fat fendered cars of the old days, then this HHR is a clone of the PT Cruiser. I was able to drive it home last night just to see how I liked it and when I parked it by my '40 Chevy...both cars were smiling...that is if a car could smile. They say that if ya park a '48 Suburban on one side and a new SSR on the other side, then park the HHR in the middle, you can tell where the styling ideas came from.

The HHR's are getting popular, they even have a club (website): www.hhrclub.org
AL

Is it true that they don't have a dipstick? I had heard that and couldn't believe it.

Inprimer

We rented one from Vegas to Lake Havasu Az for a week. I drove it quite a bit. Seems to have plenty of power for its size. It handled well and its eazy entry/exit. Most times the motor stays at 2k RPM it will briefly go to 3k, the only "annoyance'as the speedo kinda hard to read  since speed limits fluctuate 55/65/75  hard to tell actual reading, way too small in my book, actually considering one for around town plenty for groceries etc, lots of standard equipt on it 23/30 mpg about 20k.

alchevy

Is it true that they don't have a dipstick? I had heard that and couldn't believe it.

They do have one, I just checked. Had to look in the owner's manual to find where they put it.

www.astreetrodder.com