Got the motor switched in Irenes Monte

Started by 48ford, April 05, 2006, 10:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

We got a good jump on the monte SS,Got the 305 out got the 350 in:).
No one told me that the exhaust Manifolds don't swap out!,( glad im a pack rat!)
Now I need a compleat exhaust,it fell apart in my hands.
It's still  to cold to do the headliner.
Hope to fire it up this weekend.
I still have untill the 15th.
Russ

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Arnold

Quote from: "48ford"We got a good jump on the monte SS,Got the 305 out got the 350 in:).
No one told me that the exhaust Manifolds don't swap out!,( glad im a pack rat!)
Now I need a compleat exhaust,it fell apart in my hands.
It's still  to cold to do the headliner.
Hope to fire it up this weekend.
I still have untill the 15th.
Russ

IIRC the 305 came out in 1977..didn't they  all come with manifolds that had 2 ex. man. to ex. pipe studs.. as opposed to the 3  for the previous and then present 350's? I think so. They also had the dipstick in a different position.I think that when the 350's also changed their dipstick position later..can't remember when that was?..But I think that these later 350's post 1977 at least..might of even been as late as 1982/3  would drop right in.I'm pretty sure that you are right there Russ..as I think there was a time lag between them switching the dipstick positions on the 350's.But I know that you couldn't drop an earlier 350 into just any 305 car ..because of the ex.manifold and dipstick issue..unless you used that 350's manifolds and of course the 3 stud larger collector ex. pipe.Well..you could..I did it once.Older orange 350 into an 1981 305 p.o.s.car.Had to use the 305 ex manifolds because of the 2 bolt ex pipe flange on the ex.pipe. I don't think there were any 350s at that time with the changed dipstick position.Certainlly none available.

NO PROBLEM..for a p.o.s car.. :D  :D
  No dipstick..I bought a new replacement dipstick tube.Bent it and stuffed it in the hole.Couldn't get the dipstick in of course..put a quart in now and again..oil lite came on..2..maybe 3 quarts.Extra quart when I changed it.

Why oh why did that car last so long??? :shock: