PLB frame update

Started by phat rat, April 03, 2006, 04:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Looks like this today after a lot more welding and grinding
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

EMSjunkie

Looks good. :D

now all ya got left is finishing.  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"Looks like this today after a lot more welding and grinding

Looks good Jack..
Dave

enjenjo

Keep it up and pretty soon you'll be done :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Looks good, I really like the fabbing/ameteur engineering part of the build.

phat rat

Frank, you know how it is, all us retired guys have too do is work on our projects. Phat46 you mean it's that clear that an amateur is doing it.

donsrods

WILL YOU SLOW DOWN !!!!!!! YOU ARE GONNA MAKE THE REST OF US GET UP FROM THESE COMFY COMPUTER CHAIRS, AND ACTUALLY BUILD SOMETHING !!!

:D  :D  :D  :D

(looks good btw)

Don

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"Frank, you know how it is, all us retired guys have too do is work on our projects. Phat46 you mean it's that clear that an amateur is doing it.[/quote
]  
NOOOO, not what i mean at all!!!!  I mean there's an amateur engineer in all us car guys; my daughter is a mechanical engineer, graduating from the U of M and she couldn't engineer that frame!!! I like figuring out what needs to be done at that stage of the game and how to do it; we can't all be pros...like Frank!  :roll:

phat rat

NOOOO, not what i mean at all!!!!  I mean there's an amateur engineer in all us car guys; my daughter is a mechanical engineer, graduating from the U of M and she couldn't engineer that frame!!! I like figuring out what needs to be done at that stage of the game and how to do it; we can't all be pros...like Frank!  :roll:[/quote]

I really didn't think that was the way you meant it. Just had too pull your chain a bit. I know what you mean about the fun of doing the engineering.  That and the hunt for parts is a lot of fun. It's real satisfaction in doing the job and having someone ask "how did you ever come up with that idea?" and mean it as a compliment

rumrumm

It's a combination of creativity and ingenuity coupled with mechanical aptitude. Some engineers are missing the last component. I had a friend say to me a while back, "I don't know how you do it." And I replied, "I don't know either, I just look at something and the ideas start coming and then I build it." I guess its a gift.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Looking Good!
Quote..."Some engineers are missing the last component.".....And Architects too! In my business,it seems nearly every house plan that I build requires modification.With most plans today having complicated/multiple roof lines,I find this to be the area they have the most trouble with....Many engineers/architects couldn't actually build a roof on a dog house :roll: My favorite...."Field Verify"....Nice job of "Field Verification",Jack :)
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "phat rat"It's real satisfaction in doing the job and having someone ask "how did you ever come up with that idea?" and mean it as a compliment

that is the cool part of doing this stuff. 8)  8)

I'm having large fun with my shaved doors. :lol:  :lol:

have a few people convinced the doors are "voice" activated. :?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****