All 3? Maybe....

Started by alchevy, March 28, 2006, 11:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Been thinking about making NSRA Springfield, MO this year, then Nashville, TN Good Guys, then NSRA Nats in Louisville, KY (for sure). I found out the other day that a group will be going up from the Monroe, LA- Bastrop, LA area to Springfield this year, so I could cruise up there with them. Some of my friends out of the Jackson, MS area are going to Nashville.

This is nothing like what our state NSRA rep, Thomas "Chicken Willie" Smith, did last year. He made all 13 NSRA events + did the Ironman Tour from Sacramento, CA to Tampa, FL in 3 days. Several folks got together and gave him a plaque that said: "I made the drive in 2005!"
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "40chevy"Been thinking about making NSRA Springfield, MO this year, then Nashville, TN Good Guys, then NSRA Nats in Louisville, KY (for sure). I found out the other day that a group will be going up from the Monroe, LA- Bastrop, LA area to Springfield this year, so I could cruise up there with them. Some of my friends out of the Jackson, MS area are going to Nashville.

This is nothing like what our state NSRA rep, Thomas "Chicken Willie" Smith, did last year. He made all 13 NSRA events + did the Ironman Tour from Sacramento, CA to Tampa, FL in 3 days. Several folks got together and gave him a plaque that said: "I made the drive in 2005!"
AL

Come to Springfield and we will have a shady/dry place for you to rest.  If you need anything, just let me know.

John
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

alchevy

John,
Thanks. I put in for my vacation days for that time and others. During that week, on the Wednesday, we have a car event to go to. It's the celebration of having the Nissan plant in Canton, MS. What do ya do to celebrate this? Good question. We park old American cars around the town square for folks to look at.

So I will be going up on the Thursday morning to Springfield. Since the following Monday is Memorial Day, it's a holiday at work, so I can take my time coming home.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "40chevy"John,
Thanks. I put in for my vacation days for that time and others. During that week, on the Wednesday, we have a car event to go to. It's the celebration of having the Nissan plant in Canton, MS. What do ya do to celebrate this? Good question. We park old American cars around the town square for folks to look at.

So I will be going up on the Thursday morning to Springfield. Since the following Monday is Memorial Day, it's a holiday at work, so I can take my time coming home.
AL

I will be looking for you.  As the event gets closer we will find a way to meet.

I am going to the southwest nats at OKC this coming weekend.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

alchevy

I will be at the Bunny Run in Jackson, TN this weekend.

www.astreetrodder.com

Ohio Blue Tip

I am also planing to be at Springfield. :D   See ya all there. 8)
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"I am also planing to be at Springfield. :D   See ya all there. 8)

Glad you are going to be there.  This is going to be great.  Sumner is planning on attending also.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck