Wiper wiring

Started by sirstude, March 19, 2006, 06:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I am helping a friend wire the wipers on his car.  He is using a an early 70's chevy truck switch.  It connects the black and lt blue to ground at low speed and just the lt blue to ground on high speed.  I will use a relay to get this going.  Hot to one side of the coil and the black to the other side.  Then hook the lt blue to the feed side.  Open to the low speed side of the wiper.  The closed side to the high speed side of the wiper.  The issue I have is he is using a late 70's or early 80's Nissan Pick Up wiper motor.  The motor is mounted in his car and I don't have it here.  I am just setting it up and he can do the connections.  I do not have a wire diagram for that motor.  He says there are 4 blue wires with colored tracers ( I don't know the traces yet) on the wiper motor.  One should be hot, one ground for the wiper park, and 2 for the speeds.  Does anyone have a diagram showing what wire is what?

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "sirstude"I am helping a friend wire the wipers on his car.  He is using a an early 70's chevy truck switch.  It connects the black and lt blue to ground at low speed and just the lt blue to ground on high speed.  I will use a relay to get this going.  Hot to one side of the coil and the black to the other side.  Then hook the lt blue to the feed side.  Open to the low speed side of the wiper.  The closed side to the high speed side of the wiper.  The issue I have is he is using a late 70's or early 80's Nissan Pick Up wiper motor.  The motor is mounted in his car and I don't have it here.  I am just setting it up and he can do the connections.  I do not have a wire diagram for that motor.  He says there are 4 blue wires with colored tracers ( I don't know the traces yet) on the wiper motor.  One should be hot, one ground for the wiper park, and 2 for the speeds.  Does anyone have a diagram showing what wire is what?

Thanks
Doug

If I was guessing, I would say one is high, one low, one park and one ground.  You should be able to find the ground by checking continuity to the wiper case.  Next step would be to try power to the other three leads to find high, low and park.

My local library has a large selection of Mitchell Manuals.  Whenever I can not find a diagram, I go to the library and make a copy out of one of these manuals.

John
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH