Saturday Rain

Started by alchevy, March 18, 2006, 07:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Was going to have a fun time in the sun at the car show today that my car club put on, but it rained. After that it rained. When it got through doing that, it rained. We had about 52 cars registered and moved the time up to Noon to giveaway the awards and prizes instead of the 3pm like we had planned. Gave away all of the stuff and told the people thanks for coming. Then we started taking down tents and such and it quit raining! Only rained a few drops since then. With 5 cars left in the outlet mall parking lot, the spectators started coming out. The few pictures I took will be posted soon. They were taken from under the tent because my new digital camera would not turn on with a few sprinkles falling.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

http://www.vicksburgcruisers.com/06rras.htm

is the link to the few pictures I took Saturday.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

jaybee

Thanks for the link.  By this time of winter standing around in the rain looks like a pretty good thing up here!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

alchevy

I am hoping for better weather for the next car show which is this weekend 3/25/06 in a town nearby me.

Also need good weather for the Bunny Run in Jackson, TN on April 7-9. The date for turning in pre-entry is coming up fast. Last year there were around 500 cars at it. We'll see what the gas prices do to it this year. Right now in Vicksburg, MS the price for regular unleaded (87 octane) is $2.47 per gallon.

www.astreetrodder.com