Anyone Into Vintage Gas Pumps???

Started by 40, March 16, 2006, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am in the planning stage for a new home/shop hopefully this Summer if time permits.I am thinking of incorporating some type of canopy possibly attached to the shop and am thinking of doing an old time fuel island with a couple of old pumps.Just wondering if anyone has a similar set up or suggestions.....perhaps a source for a couple of old pumps?Let's see some photos of what you have or perhaps what you've seen in your travels! Thanks!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

36vicky

How about this place about a mile from here:  

http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/

http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/gas.htm

I haven't been there my self but I should go sometime.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

moparrodder

Daryle,  In my travels I ran across a place on highway 60 northeast of Le Mars Iowa,I think the little town of Alton or Seney that had a bunch of old pumps by an old building I think was on the south side of the town on the west side of the highway.  They were of all sizes and shapes of various vintages.  Also there is a couple here that lives south of town that are good friends that collect old gas pumps that I can ask where there may be some or where parts are available close to our area.  I also have some items that you may be interested in if you get this project going, I'll tell you what I have when we get together on the 25th.  Bill

1FATGMC

I have the overhang and the island, but no pumps either :cry:  :cry: .

I wanted two pumps on the island, but now I want one pump and one of those old air stations.  I think I will have to make both as both have gotten too expensive for me.  I'll buy some globes, clock type faces, nozzles and some other stuff and make the main body.  When this is going to happen, who knows as I got a bunch of stuff lined up ahead of it :roll: .  Oh and did I mention I still have all the signage to do also :cry: .

c ya, good luck, and post some pictures of what you do,

Sum

Tom....I have been on their website before,I'd like to stop and check them out sometime also.Maybe on my way back from Speedy Bills!

Bill.....I will be going up 60 sometime soon,I'll check it out.Talk to you on the 25th

Sum....I like your set up....I want to do something similar but don't want to break the bank buying a couple of pumps either.

phat rat

This is the front of BobKs garage. Not the best shot but maybe he'll get on here and post a better one
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fift4fe

Pumps, globes, questions

www.oldgas.com

www.bigcheesepetro.com

A good group of guys

Good luck on your project
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

purplepickup

Well, since it's St Patricks Day it wouldn't be right not to post pictures of the restored gas station in Shamrock, Texas. :D

George

EMSjunkie

Thanks for posting those pix George.  8)  8)

The city of Shamrock has a BIG party every St. Pattys day.  :D

they did a killer job restoring that old station.

Thanks again HorHay.  :)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Cword

I'm working on getting an old clearvision pump ready for my backyard this spring.

I got side tracked and developed my own gas brand for it back at Christmas time. Since then I've painted a sign for the garage and hung it.

The pump will be sporting this globe when it's done

I prepared the artwork and then had the custom lenses done at Pogogas

Mike
--

jaybee

Not sure of the dates but there's a big sale specializing in that stuff every year at a hotel about 6 blocks from my house.  Pretty neat, but it's getting expensive.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Dennis the Menace

I won this Gas Pump as a raffle prize at the High Desert Vintage Tin Car Club show last year.
Dennis
Photo Guy: WWW.hotrodhotline.com
Dennis  8)

That's one cool raffle prize!I am not very lucky and on the rare occasion that I do win,it's usually something totally useless!

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)