WZJUNK's Secret Air Cleaner

Started by 1FATGMC, March 07, 2006, 01:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

John sent me some up-date pictures on the pickup he is doing.  Check out the neat valve covers and the logo on them.

Now if you can figure out where he got the trick air cleaner he might get you one, but be ready to spend big bucks :shock: .  What is it and where did it come from :?   :?:  :?:

Nice work John,

Sum

bucketmouth

Why didn't he leave the handles on it,it would be a lot easier to handle then. I suppose it puts a new meaning to "souping" up the mill. :lol:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Mr Cool

Looks like something my better half uses for baking a cake.

My second thought was the same as bucketmouth. Of course if he left the teflon coating on it the air will flow better too wont it?  :lol:
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

sirstude

Personally,  I think my wife uses one of those to cover the cakes that she bakes now and then.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

rumrumm

I think my wife struck me with one of those once. LOL!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

1FATGMC

You guys are just too smart  :twisted:  :!:  :!:   I guess that means you guys know your way around the kitchen :P  :P .

BTW it was a two part question and none of you got where it came from yet :wink: .

When he is done with the truck I hope he takes a number of pictures so we can all see it before it is sold.  BTW if some of you are looking for a finished rod it could be yours.  He is doing a neat theme I think making it look like it belonged to an older speed shop.

Bring everyone up to date John,

Sum

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "1FATGMC"    

John sent me some up-date pictures on the pickup he is doing.  Check out the neat valve covers and the logo on them.

Now if you can figure out where he got the trick air cleaner he might get you one, but be ready to spend big bucks :shock: .  What is it and where did it come from :?   :?:  :?:

Nice work John,

Sum

It is a stainless steel stew/soup pot from Dollar General store.  It is cut down and I used a old chrome breather top on top of the cover.  The bottom edge is a piece of chrome door edge from Orielly Auto.  I wanted to cover up the Quadrajet carb and hid it and the stock intake.  I have not decided if I will use the cover but probably I will.  I am trying to get the rest of engine compartment painted and detailed and then I will take some pictures of the truck.  I bought the truck unfinished and it has been out in the weather for several years.  I am leaving the exterior as it is but I have went through the interior and all the mechanical.  350/350 Camaro sub and Camaro rear.  Should be a good solid truck.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Where is the un-fendered roadster pick up made out of one of those cabs with the stretched frame and "I beam" front axel sprung with 1/4 elipticals? Don't let the wife see this, I thought you were building her a convertible? My mind gets stuck on good ideas. GPster

bucketmouth

Don't know about knowimg my way around the kichen but I do know my way around the kitchen utensils in K Mart. That's were you can buy S/S serving plates to use as disc covers for your rod. :idea:
I know that's been done more than once.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "GPster"Where is the un-fendered roadster pick up made out of one of those cabs with the stretched frame and "I beam" front axel sprung with 1/4 elipticals? Don't let the wife see this, I thought you were building her a convertible? My mind gets stuck on good ideas. GPster

The roadster truck is still in line.  There are pieces set aside for it here and there around the place.

The car for my wife is partially done and she is getting impatient.  It may need to be placed on a higher priority.

I have the truck, a Mach 1 Mustang and a 51 Chevy custom in the shop now.  All of them needed to be done yesterday.

Looks like the next one in line may be a steel 32 roadster that Larry and I will start on and plan to finish before the spring of 2007.  It will be for sale from the time we take delivery but it needs a lot of work.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Don't know about knowimg my way around the kichen but I do know my way around the kitchen utensils in K Mart. That's were you can buy S/S serving plates to use as disc covers for your rod. :idea:
I know that's been done more than once.

I will have a look around K Mart.  I have not looked at there Kitchen/fabricating department.

I did buy a nice stainless steel Kleenex box cover the other day at Wal Mart.  I have no idea what I will do with it but something will come up.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

phat46

Ahh, Dollar General, I made a shrinking disc from a stainless pot i bought there, it even kinda sorta worked..... :roll:

WZ JUNK

Engine compartment is now painted.  I should get license tomorrow.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

1FATGMC