Drove my car. Another 32 Vicky update

Started by Nick32Vic, July 25, 2005, 02:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

Holy cow. I was suprised to see this old thread back at the top. Im still here, mostly just reading and taking it all in.

Actually we have done some stuff to it since the nats.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=40999&highlight=#40999

We also made some quick door panels out of 1/8" luan and sprayed them black.

We think I may have bad valve guides so we are gonna have to look into that and fix it before driving season. I have alot of other stuff to do to it like put my speakers and amp in, hook up the fuel guage and speedo and then some tune up/preventative maintnence.

My dad just bought a Model A sedan so we are gonna build a low buck hot rod out of it and sell it to make some money.

My dad and I are really close because of cars. Ive said it before, we both get ticked at each other sometimes but thats just normal. Ive learned alot from him and hope to learn alot more. I think hes actually learned stuff from me too even though hes been doing this since the 70's. Cool how that works huh?

Nick

HotRodLadyCrusr

PLUS Nick has been busy actually taking his Vicky places this winter and winning very deserving "awards" and having a ball doing it.  His Vicky looked GREAT at Autorama a couple of weeks ago.  Very refreshing blue in a sea of flat black.  His Mom and Dad and some family friends were there as well and they couldn't have been prouder. 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

donsrods

Nick:  It is very obvious from reading your posts that your Dad has done a great job raising you. That doesn't happen by accident, and you are so lucky to have him. There are so many " Fathers" out there who don't have enough time to spend getting to know their Sons and daughters, but he has not done that with you.

Building a car is a great way to get closer, and I am so happy to see your car and your relationship turn out so well. Now all you have to do is remember the lessons he taught you, and pass them on to your kids, when you have them. That is REALLY what all of this is about.

I'd love to have your car. :D  :D  :D

Don

bucketmouth

Yeah the father and son thing does build a closer relationship. I know when we were collecting bits for my young blokes rod he was really excited about it all. Found him a body, then a chassis, collected all the running gear when a really cheap Hiboy come up for sale and it was too good to ignore.  So I bought it for him on the proviso he payed me back some time.It was a happy day when I seen young Shaun taking it for his first drive.
We went out cruisin the other night when I had a problem and had to go back home, he continued on without me.
Damm it things were better when we were collecting bits  :lol:
I keep telling him he doesn't know how lucky he is. Wish I could have been so lucky at his age.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.