Hunting for Dan Post's Blue book of custom restyling

Started by KustomLincolnLady, March 02, 2006, 09:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

I really want to try to find this as a surprise for Rob's 50th birthday this month. I have looked off and on over many yrs and haven't found one. Does anyone know where i might find this.
He would be very surprised  :D
Thanks, Debb

donsrods

If you don't turn anything on here, try a Google search for some of the larger obsolete book stores in major markets (NY, LA, ETC)

I tried Googling for you, and turned up nothing except some searches for the same book.

Sorry, and good luck.

Don

KustomLincolnLady

[Thanks Don, I tried that earlier and also came up with zero :( :roll:
I did sign up at a few places if one shows up. But I've looked on and off for a while and thought I'd try here and the Hamb.
But I put it in the classifieds there, not sure if it gets much traffic. wasn't sure about posting it in the forum. Oh well, worth a try
Thanks again,
Debb

phat rat

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"[Thanks Don, I tried that earlier and also came up with zero :( :roll:
I did sign up at a few places if one shows up. But I've looked on and off for a while and thought I'd try here and the Hamb.
But I put it in the classifieds there, not sure if it gets much traffic. wasn't sure about posting it in the forum. Oh well, worth a try
Thanks again,
Debb

Don't worry the classifieds over there are very well read. I've sold things over there in less 3 min.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

Debb,

Sneak over to the HAMB and post on their classifieds also.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Rayvyn

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"I really want to try to find this as a surprise for Rob's 50th birthday this month. I have looked off and on over many yrs and haven't found one. Does anyone know where i might find this.
He would be very surprised  :D
Thanks, Debb

Debb,
Go to Barnes and Noble, Borders or Books-a-million and give them the title and author. They can look up the publishing company for you, and it should say whether the rights have been sold to any other companies for further printing. Contact them directly about it, and see if they know what stores most of the copies were sent to. Call the magazine folks; maybe they have a copy or 2 laying around.

There might be a copy or 2 at the spring Daytona swap coming up soon, but they might be a little beat up.

I'll take a peek down this way for ya'. :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Does anyone know where i might find this.

Thanks, Debb

DEBB! Try these folks out. They carry Dan Post books... :D

Roth Auto Books
536 E. Hawthorne St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46806 USA

1-888-840-5116 Toll Free
1-781-846-3658 Fax.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Does anyone know where i might find this.

Thanks, Debb

DEBB! Try these folks out. They carry Dan Post books... :D

Roth Auto Books
536 E. Hawthorne St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46806 USA

1-888-840-5116 Toll Free
1-781-846-3658 Fax.

Thanks Bry!!  Fort wayne, lol now thats funny!! Called them this morn they don't have it :(   he also said that the owner of that place is in detroit this weekend, we will be there tomorrow...how weird was that  :lol:

i did get an email from a book place that I inquired at and they sent me an email and said they have it overseas, i didn't really understand the email and i am almost afraid of it  :shock:
Thanks everyone for your help, as of now I'm still on the hunt.
I do know that the book was published in the late 40's and republished in 51 , I  think,  I don't think anyone else is doing it but will ck out your other ideas asap!