Road Trip!

Started by alchevy, February 26, 2006, 02:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Saturday morning, I went over to just South of Jackson, MS and met up with a few friends and we headed to Pensacola, FL. I had to go to East of Pensacola to pick up some running boards and rear fenders for my '40 Chevy and one of the other guys in our group of 4 was going to West of Pensacola to pick up a car. It was a '31 Ford 4-door Sedan. See the picture below. So we combined the two trips since they were close to each other. Then we headed back home all in the same day. I got home at 11:30pm.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

GPster

Boy,you like to brag. I sit in my project and go "Rumm-Rumm" or on a sudden urge I start the engin and put it in gear (rear end's up on jackstands) and watch the wheels turn. Yesterday it was 55, this morning it was 20. Keep telling us what it's like. GPster

alchevy

The trip down there was in a huge rain storm. All of the creeks, streams, & rivers we crossed were out of their banks. Coming back home, it had mostly stopped raining. While we stopped to get my parts, it was not raining. Problem was, we had to turn back into the storm to get the other parts. But it stopped raining while we were loading the car on the trailer. The temp got up to 55 in Mississippi & Alabama, but it was 71 in Florida. After picking up the car, we went and ate at Lamberts in Foley, AL where they throw the rolls. Interesting place. They have them in MO also.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell ya. The place where we started from (Star, MS) is Faith Hill's hometown. Kinda interesting...that Faith is from Star, MS and her husband, Tim, is from Start, LA.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com