Coil Over Shocks.

Started by Dave, March 23, 2004, 07:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

As directed by Michael of street rods by michael I called jerry at pete and jakes today about the coil overs on the 32. It seems to be too stiff and bouncy for me. He asked me to do a couple things and told me he would be there tomorrow and feel free to give him a call. He also told me we could work it out but dont expect it to ride like a caddy. I guess its harmless but he also told me to make sure i had the car in the air and the rearend hanging before I tried to adjust the springs. Duh.. Ive been told this 2 times now and its actually getting kind of funny. My only conclusion is there has to be some really dumb people out there LOL. Jerry seems to be really helpful and im hoping we can work this out. I did go for a little test ride this evening and it seems better but ive still got a question or 2 and a measurement to shoot him tomorrow. Oh ya he asked what springs I had on it and i could tell by the paint on the springs. I guess I shouldnt have opted for the chrome springs cause they dont mark em. Man that sucks id like to know what they are too. After getting the car together and looking at the rear of it I could have gone with the black springs but when you got money or is that had money LOL...............................
Dave

unklian

If you accurately measure the diameter of the wire,and the number of active coils,they should be able to figure out what you have.