Ready for Spring??

Started by alchevy, February 13, 2006, 09:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

I know I am. I chickened out of the rodeo parade on Saturday because it was too cold around here. The temp barely made it out of the 30s but the wind made it feel like the teens & twenties. Jerry Clower (comedian from Mississippi) once said that the person that came up with the wind chill owes his Mama an explanation because she had been cold ever since she heard of it!
This morning coming to work, the temp was 24 degrees F. BRRRR!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Scrap Fe

That is a spring time temperature for Wisconsin, Minnesota & Michigan.

alchevy

We are having a shop tour on Saturday, Feb. 18th, and the temp is supposed to be in the 70s then. Ah, now we're talking. Got 7 stops on it. I'll take pictures.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Well, they changed the forecast again! But we did have a nice day on Wednesday, I drove the '40 to work and the temp was in the 70s for the drive home. Today is supposed to be the same before it starts raining on Friday through at least the middle of next week. Looks like my HHR will be cruising to the shop tour on Saturday. It's more water tight than my '40. I just got my CB radio put back in the '40...I have a handheld unit I can use in the HHR.

By the way...how do y'all communicate when traveling in groups in old cars? CB's used to be the norm until the cheap 2-way radios came out. Cell phones are good for folks that have free weekends. Last year when cruisin' to the Nats in Louisville, we had 8 street rods and had all three of those items and it took all of those to keep track of one another. Because everybody does not have CB's and when the 2-way radios got out of range, cell phones came in handy to reach 'em. Like when the lead street rod is getting directions from the second street rod: "Which way do we go up  ahead at this fork?" "Turn right, no turn left" "No, turn right!" It was too late they had just turned left. But I called them on the cell phone and we met them North of town in Memphis as they took the scenic route.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

I don't use the CB much any more, the hand held radios and cell phones are about it now.

Of course I spend a lot of time waving my arms without effect too :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

parklane

Ya, and the one finger salute always works too - in any language, or country.  :P  :P  :P

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??