New tires on my truck

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 12, 2006, 10:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

My new tires on my Silverado have about 170 miles on them.  I came out to the truck thursday and found this little nail in the side wall.

No leakage. Looks like the nail skimmed through the outter layer of rubber
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

You were lucky.  There used to be a tire dealer here, that had a tire on display that had a railroad spike in the same position as your nail.  But, being larger, penetrated the tire.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

donsrods

Since Southwest Florida is the "construction capital of the world" the roads are littered with roofing nails, drywall screws, any kind of nail you can think of.  I pick up an average of one nail every couple of weeks.

It has gotten so bad I carry a couple of cans of fix a flat just so I can get home to plug it properly. It is really getting to be a pain.

Looks like you dodged the bullet on your nail. 1/2 inch more and you would have been using your "road hazard gaurantee."

Leon

I put new tires on the wife's car.  about a month later,  she called before I had a chance to go outside to tell me she had to take my truck to work because she had a flat.  She picked up a 4" x 4" piece of steel that looks like it broke off the bucket of a backhoe or the blade of a road grader.  The tire was beyond being patchable :x