Your lights are on!!!!

Started by BFS57, February 16, 2006, 01:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Cool

Quote from: "BFS57"I think my battery should have ben sufficiently drained had my old lamps been on for 6+ hours!
What do you guys think?
Bruce
Without a doubt.
One of the things I build in my business is solar powered flashing arrow boards for the roads contractors.
We use LED lamps exclusively and for a good reason.
Running 12 of these lamps {they are about 5 inches in diamater and have about 60 LEDs in each one - total over 600LEDs) uses about 1.3 Amps total, so you could run 10 of them continuously on a standard N50/51 car battery for 24 hours and still start the car.
You have the small LED replacements, so its of no surprise to me at all.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

entodad

My story of shame happened about 15 years ago.
I had a step-van that I used in my greenhouse business to deliver plants.
It was parked outside the greenhouses and I had left the key in the ignition...the neutral safety switch hadn't worked since I had bought the van...so we were just inside the door transplanting seedlings and my 3 YO son Nathan was running around trying to help....He hopped into the van and decided to go driving!  when he turned the key the van was in 1st and it started and took off...I still remember seeing him pass by the door hanging onto the steering wheel...

It traveled about 40 feet and ran into the end of the greenhouse tearing up a fan and killing the van....He was very lucky that he didn't let go of the wheel otherwise he would've fallen out of the van (sliding doors) and probably ran over...

I fixed the neutral safety switch right away and forbad him from ever playing in the van again....
WaChiss......(famous last hillbilly word)