Flames..

Started by Track-T, March 20, 2004, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Track-T

Real looking flames for your ride. As seen on monster garage,Pricey but
about the best around

http://www.killerpaint.com/#

Jimc

Quote from: "Track-T"Real looking flames for your ride. As seen on monster garage,Pricey but
about the best around

http://www.killerpaint.com/#

Nice site, nice paint.

Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

purplepickup

Thanks for the link.  That flaming cursor you get when you click on  "The Heat" button is different.  I'm collecting pics of that style of flames because I want to do a set of tanks and fenders for my bike with those flames.  I've been looking around for somebody that can paint them at a reasonable price but I'm sure it isn't this guy.  He's good but prolly real expensive. Besides, he doesn't appear to be looking for work.

My artistic side never fully developed...wish it had.  When I look at the Friday Art Show at the HAMB, I'm just amazed at the talent.  That's a post I never miss.
George

unklian

QuoteI've been looking around for somebody that can paint them at a reasonable price...

Unfortunately,that style is VERY labor intensive,
which means very expensive. :shock:  :shock:

Mike Lavalee first showed us that style about 4 years ago,at a Pinhead Meet in Louisianna.He takes pictures of Bonfires and studies them to get the patterns.The whole design is done with an airbrush,first a White underpainting,then building up layers of Candy.Lavalee's stuff has always been expensive.

I'm guessing it takes 4-5 times longer to do this style,compared to a typical mask and spray flame job.And time costs money.

I know a guy,in Dayton Ohio,who could do it.But no idea on the price.

purplepickup

Quote from: "unklian"
QuoteI've been looking around for somebody that can paint them at a reasonable price...

I know it's a lot of work.  When I said reasonable, I meant I'd rather pay an up and coming artist for his time and materials than pay a big name guy a lot more because he's famous.  But then I suppose his success is pretty much directly related to how good he is.  Oh well, I'm so poor right now I  can't even pay attention so I guess it doesn't matter. :roll:
George

Bob K

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "unklian"

I know it's a lot of work.  When I said reasonable, I meant I'd rather pay an up and coming artist for his time and materials than pay a big name guy a lot more because he's famous.  But then I suppose his success is pretty much directly related to how good he is.  Oh well, I'm so poor right now I  can't even pay attention so I guess it doesn't matter. :roll:

George:  Can't  remember his name but remember that guy who camps at the bend in the road every year, got a 32 cpe and his push car a 32 also, black with flames just like those. He has had them for at least 3 years now, wonder who did them. They were the first ones I ever saw that actually looked like real fire.

I think that Sum knows the guy. I've met him but can't think of his name. Anyone know ?????

B :?: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Faat Rod"George:  Can't  remember his name but remember that guy who camps at the bend in the road every year, got a 32 cpe and his push car a 32 also, black with flames just like those. He has had them for at least 3 years now, wonder who did them. They were the first ones I ever saw that actually looked like real fire.

I think that Sum knows the guy. I've met him but can't think of his name. Anyone know ?????

B :?: B

I think you are talking about these

purplepickup

I talked to the guy that owns those cars and the painter was with him.  I asked about the flames and how much a bike paint job would cost.  He wanted to sell me a tape for $30 that shows you how to do it instead.  I pretty much already know what it takes to paint it, I'm just not talented enough to do it.  I took this pic 2 years ago at Bonneville.  After seeing Mike Lavalee's flames on Jesse's pickup, these don't look as good.

Even tho this pic shows the first RRT grill in action, the best thing I like about it is that I got a good pic of  real flames to study.  Now I just have to get a LOT better with my airbrush.

I would just love this on my tank.

George

Track-T

Very nice photo of the BBQ flames. Talk about "REAL" looking flames :D

If I remember correct.... I think Mike gets about 4K to flame a '32

DrChop

If I recall correctly, the BBQ flames were done with about a cupful or so of lighter fluid... :D ...stupid grille did'nt want to stay lit... :evil:

Kudos to George for capturing the moment, it really looks cool.  8)

Doc

purplepickup

Quote from: "DrChop"If I recall correctly, the BBQ flames were done with about a cupful or so of lighter fluid... :D ...stupid grille did'nt want to stay lit... :evil:

Kudos to George for capturing the moment, it really looks cool.  8)

Doc

Oh, it wasn't too hard to get a good picture Jay.  Everytime you threw another cup full on I took another pic. :shock:   Someday I'll have to post the series....I think I got 5 or 6 pics. :lol:

Good to hear from you.  Hope everything is rolling along smoothly
:b-d:
George