Late Model question, S-10's and oil line leaks

Started by Land Yacht, October 29, 2005, 12:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Yacht

When they want to build stuff to last they can, but they don't always choose to...

Here I've got the new lines for both oil fillter adapter and oil cooler from Napa, Dorman brand, made in China, may try the dealer to see if the GM branded parts are US made, uncool how that has become a novelty these days.  I hear from you all that replacing the lines may only buy time.
1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Land Yacht"may try the dealer to see if the GM branded parts are US made, uncool how that has become a novelty these days.

US made?  From GM?  I almost pee'd my pants laughing

:lol:  :arrow:   :!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Land Yacht

1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

unklian

So now mine is leaking,AGAIN. :shock:  :evil:

So that is the original,plus two replacements,in less than 11 years.

Time for Pipe Plugs.Even if I have to pay top dollar
for a new tap,it will be cheaper and last longer. :idea:

donsrods

I don't remember the exact parts required, but I have a 4.3 Vortec in my one boat, and a few years ago I replaced the blown engine with one out of a Chevy 4 wheel s-10, 4.3. It had that stupid remote oil cooler/filter and I wanted to retain the remote oil filter for reasons of being able to get at the filter easier in the bilge. So I used a speed shop oil filter base, and had a local hydraulic hose place make me up appropriate hoses to run from the filter to the stock Chevy engine adapter.

I don't think there was anything special about the thread size on the Chevy adapter, but in any event, the hose company was able to match it up. It has been on the boat for several years with zero leaks.

But I think you guys are correct that the 2 wheel versions have a standard filter right under the block, where all Chevy filters are. If so, the local Chevy parts guy should be able to help out with that little screw in deal that the filter screws onto.