Brake Line hose's & assembly brackets

Started by rooster, January 27, 2006, 10:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

Curently we are moving the brake hoses to the front of the 49 chevy stock suspencion, we have converted to front disk brakes!

We want to locate the sweet spot that places the brake hose so there is no interferance with anything. We have removed the orignal brake hose mounting bracket from behind the rotor to relocate to the front.

Looking at the orignal bracket its has just a round hole to fasten a hose to with the use of the clip.  The new hose is designed not to fit in this type of hole in the old bracket.

:?: My question is : Are the newer brackets designed so that hoses when attcheted are "clocked" to provide twist in the hose or just to hold the hose still while you tighten it to the bracket? TIA

enjenjo

most of the brackets are ayssemetrical, so the line only fits one way, so I would say to clock them. I generally put some twist in them to control the line.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rooster

Quote from: "enjenjo"most of the brackets are ayssemetrical, so the line only fits one way, so I would say to clock them. I generally put some twist in them to control the line.

I found a couple washers and filed them to fit the hose configuration! Now I can clamp the washers to the bracket, when the right clock position is found weld them in.

The rear brake hose going to the rearend is a different configuration, would be hard to file out, probley go to the junk yard with a hacksaw.
Thanks for the help.