Latest ebay find

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 08, 2006, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

It is a love / hate thing with eBay for many of us.  We love to find stuff , hate to pay the prices at times.

I bought a new Silverado  2006 truck during one of GM's fire sale deals this past summer... it has those awful chrome veneer steel wheels on it.

I looked at aftermarket wheels. 17 , 18 , 20 inch sizes. I did not really like any of the styles.  I simply wanted the OE alloy wheels on the truck.

I was having trouble finding a complete set with caps locally. So I looked to eBay.

On eBay I found a set of new take off wheels in north phoenix for 75 bucks a wheel & cap. These things are near perfect.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

You got a good deal on those, Tony.  I got a brand new battery for my laptop last week on ebay, for only a couple dollars more than everyone else wanted for used.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

speedracer

Quote from: "Crosley"It is a love / hate thing with eBay for many of us.  We love to find stuff , hate to pay the prices at times.

I bought a new Silverado  2006 truck during one of GM's fire sale deals this past summer... it has those awful chrome veneer steel wheels on it.

I looked at aftermarket wheels. 17 , 18 , 20 inch sizes. I did not really like any of the styles.  I simply wanted the OE alloy wheels on the truck.

I was having trouble finding a complete set with caps locally. So I looked to eBay.

On eBay I found a set of new take off wheels in north phoenix for 75 bucks a wheel & cap. These things are near perfect.
Hey Tony speaking of E-bay I'm planning on putting my 36 olds on e-bay, I've never done any selling on it, got any advice on what to do not to do?  Maybe I should post a new message too and ask everyone that question!
Thanks, johnny

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"It is a love / hate thing with eBay for many of us.  We love to find stuff , hate to pay the prices at times.

I do quite a bit of ebaying . Mostly selling but ive bought some stuff too. The last thing I bought was another revell 32 coupe model kit. I got it for .99 and the guy wanted 12 bucks to ship it. :?  Well I told him he could keep it for that and we made a deal.  I sold my old garage door opener last week for 25 bucks plus shipping. All i gotta do is ship it from work and yes I pay for the shipping st work but the buyer pays me.
So ive got this opener that I could throw away or take someones 25 bucks.  :?:  Im going with the money :lol:
Dave

soldermonkey

I have had good luck on Ebay, I have sold a lot of things, (streetrod, engines, car parts, cameras, lenses, and more) and bought a lot of things also. I have been stung several times but have also made out real good many times.
Ebay is a daily addiction for me.

dave

speedracer

Quote from: "soldermonkey"I have had good luck on Ebay, I have sold a lot of things, (streetrod, engines, car parts, cameras, lenses, and more) and bought a lot of things also. I have been stung several times but have also made out real good many times.
Ebay is a daily addiction for me.

dave

Thanks Dave, yea I bought this rod on e-bay and was and is a good buy but * happens and now I have to give her up.  Been thinking about selling suff but really don't know anything about or how to.  Now days I'm retired staying home taking care of my wife, who is very sick. I can't leave the house to work so why not ebay, heard others say they have made some money, so maybe I'll give it a shot. Got any advice or suggestions?  

Thanks, johnny