Classic Inst. Senders

Started by tomslik, March 25, 2004, 09:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

i'm getting a little tired of waiting(and paying) for oil pressure senders from classic, does anyone know what the oem app would be?

keep having senders die on my coe.....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

SKR8PN

The oil sender I have for my set of Classics,look just like the older Mopa sender. What keeps failing on yours? Leaks?
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

tomslik

Quote from: "SKR8PN"The oil sender I have for my set of Classics,look just like the older Mopa sender. What keeps failing on yours? Leaks?

they either go from not reading to pegging out.
never had on leak...

oh yeah, it's NOT the engine.
don't need a diagnosis, just a different brand, wondering if somebody had a NAPA (or somebody) part #..

SKR8PN

No man,thats what MY oil sender looks like,for the Classic guage that I have, An old MOPAR type sender!
Get to your nearest NAPA and go thru their book. They have pics,thread sizes and a listing of what ranges of pressure the senders operate under,as well as application.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

tomslik

Quote from: "SKR8PN"No man,thats what MY oil sender looks like,for the Classic guage that I have, An old MOPAR type sender!
Get to your nearest NAPA and go thru their book. They have pics,thread sizes and a listing of what ranges of pressure the senders operate under,as well as application.

they're gonna have a listing for a classic 100 lb gauge?
i don't think some of the guys at my local napa could find their * with both hands :(

mines 1/8" pipe,btw...

river1

according to

http://www.classicinstruments.net/index.phtml?catid=28

classic uses the 240-33 OHM standard. as far as i know no OEM uses that standard, just the aftermarket. you might try some of the other aftermarket brands for a sender.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "tomslik"... wondering if somebody had a NAPA (or somebody) part #..

According to my 1998 NAPA book, the only oil pressure sender with a resistance range similar to what Jim posted, is NAPA # OP6657.

The early Mopar senders are a totally different resistance range.

Here's what I found, it may work for you:

NAPA # OP6657
0-3 psi  --- 227-257 ohms
3-7 psi  --- 146-219 ohms
40  psi  ---  83-123 ohms
80  psi  ---   22-51 ohms

It has 1/8"-27 NPTF threads, with a 10-32 stud terminal.

The application is: American Motors 1979-1983, and Jeep 1976-1979.

OEM part #'s are: 5460643, J3224284, J5460643.

It is similar in appearance to the pic in the Classic Instruments link that Jim posted.  

Although it is listed as being for an 80 psi, gauge type system, it should meet your needs.

You may want to verify this info at your local NAPA store.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Bruce Dorsi

I just noticed on Classic's website that they offer an 80psi sender and also a 100psi sender.

So, I don't know if the NAPA sender I described will work, or be accurate with your 100psi gauge.

From the specs given for the NAPA part, it sounds like their accuracy is pretty weak.

......Oh well, I tried!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

tomslik

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"I just noticed on Classic's website that they offer an 80psi sender and also a 100psi sender.

So, I don't know if the NAPA sender I described will work, or be accurate with your 100psi gauge.

From the specs given for the NAPA part, it sounds like their accuracy is pretty weak.

......Oh well, I tried!

well, how accurate is a pegged gauge;)

thanks for the help!

think i'll try one and see, but i'm wondering how a ,oh, like a carquest aftermarket gauge sender would work....

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"

they're gonna have a listing for a classic 100 lb gauge?
i don't think some of the guys at my local napa could find their * with both hands :(

mines 1/8" pipe,btw...

============ that is a fairly tight * you have

:shock:

i don't hang out in gays bars waiting for somebody to offer to push in my stool....

'course as much as i've been getting hosed lately....